When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Your Opinion Between Two PAMs

mseanschmidt

I'm wearing my 253 today...

I'm still impressed by how nice this watch is...

IMG_1978.jpg

I actually like Power reserves but the date adjustment button on the side of the 222 rep which does not exist on the gen ruins it for me. The 253 is a classic anyhow. Look for a version with the tick marks on the dial and sapphire crystal.

Each to his/her own - I've never been keen on watches with a cyclops (I think they are ugly and spoil the watch face). I have a 253 and think it's a great looking watch - but you don't get a date window (with or without a cyclops !)

I actually like Power reserves but the date adjustment button on the side of the 222 rep which does not exist on the gen ruins it for me. The 253 is a classic anyhow. Look for a version with the tick marks on the dial and sapphire crystal.

Does this rep from TT have the tick marks on dial & sapphire... I can't tell"

Definitley the 253. I actually quite like the hobnails dial. Okay, so it's not smooth like most PAMs, but that's good, that makes it stand out from the others. I like the blue accent of the sweeping hand :) (Get it a black strap with white stitching, and then use a Sharpie to dye the stitching to match the hand. It will look awesome, as the photo Victoria loaded shows) I'm not a huge fan of chrono watches anymore, and, although I plan to get a Daylight for my collection, I doubt I'll actually wear it much (if at all) However, if I was going to buy a chrono watch, the 253 would definitely be the one I'd be going for :)

Best of luck with your purchase :)

Edited by TeeJay