When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Daytona

mediawonk

Dear Gang

I recently bought a replica (supposedley Swiss) Vintage Daytona from replica-supplier.com Its the correct size 37mm, Its automatic with seconds at nine, the movement is not gold of colour so ripped off there now they've stopped replying to my calls. but curiously enough it keeps spot on time better than any other replica ive had, could this be luck of the draw ? or what movement do you think I have . All the subdials work. ?

I would post a pic but I cant train mu puter to keep the size to a decent format Im working on it.

it's almost impossible to say without the pic. Eta can be gold or nickel. We need some pics.

That looks like a run of the mill scam site, but at least you got a watch....but ouch 529 USD?

Why dont you just upload the pics to photobucket or something?

Anyway, I hope you paid CC so you can cancel payment.

I assume this is the watch you got

swiss_rolex_daytona0049.jpg

Unfortunately, this looks like a picture of a gen Daytona 6263 (or one of Avitt's 'twins'). Many scammers use pictures of gens on their websites & even though they promise 'The pictures you see are of Actual Replica Watches, You will get exactly the same watch you see in the Pictures', that is rarely the case. You may or may not have an ETA movement, but, more likely than not, since you say all of the chrono functions work, it is probably the same standard Asian 7750 that all of the collectors here sell in their watches (for considerably less money).

I assume this is the watch you got

swiss_rolex_daytona0049.jpg

Unfortunately, this looks like a picture of a gen Daytona 6263 (or one of Avitt's 'twins'). Many scammers use pictures of gens on their websites & even though they promise 'The pictures you see are of Actual Replica Watches, You will get exactly the same watch you see in the Pictures', that is rarely the case. You may or may not have an ETA movement, but, more likely than not, since you say all of the chrono functions work, it is probably the same standard Asian 7750 that all of the collectors here sell in their watches (for considerably less money).

Not like that one it had a black face but its working fine and pin point accurate hasnt lost half a minute from My Applemac (time set by mac) clock in two weeks but I have had a few replicas that are completely different from the picture, like totally different watches just the same brand is the only similarity, and I started getting a bit cheesed off with waiting for stuff and when you crack open the toy you got something as worthless as the plastic train it was ferried in. Thats why im turning to Dr Frankenstein in future.

Yeah for $500 you are for sure getting an Asian7750 that you can buy from a trusted dealer here for $200-$300. The Asian 7750 actually isnt all that bad of a movement. One well known watchsmith (The Zigmeister) says that once you service the asian movement, its almost as good as the swiss ETA version. I would personally rather buy an Asian7750 and get it serviced right away for less $ than buying an ETA7750.

BUT watch out for the seconds@6 versions.. they are JUNK. They use a really bad conversion design to get the subdials in the right place.

dizz