When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Home Cinema and Music Room, our sanctuary...

a german in denmark

I finished some minor adjustments to our combined movie/music room. This is the place (apart from my office...) where I/we spend quite some time. It's only 3,70 x 3,20 x 2,20 m, almost a cube, so I did have some acoustical problems. The size has one advantage though, the 47" flat panel is more than sufficient... Now it's the best listening room I ever had. :)

Cheers, Volker

P1010815.jpg

P1010817.jpg

P1010821.jpg

P1010819.jpg

P1010816.jpg

SweetSpot :rolleyes:

P1010829.jpg

Well done! I am jealous, that is a beautiful home theater.

Marty

I finished some minor adjustments to our combined movie/music room. This is the place (apart from my office...) where I/we spend quite some time. It's only 3,70 x 3,20 x 2,20 m, almost a cube, so I did have some acoustical problems. The size has one advantage though, the 47" flat panel is more than sufficient... Now it's the best listening room I ever had. :)

Cheers, Volker

P1010815.jpg

P1010817.jpg

P1010821.jpg

P1010819.jpg

P1010816.jpg

SweetSpot :rolleyes:

P1010829.jpg

P1010815.jpg

This shot has been haunting me all day. Your home theatre is indeed a sanctuary, Volker. Congrats!!

P.S.: My boyfriend is already thinking ahead when we'll have our own (when we marry). He frequents a home theatre forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/

Do you know it?

Lots of good tips there, apparently.

I am leaving the wonk-work about the electrics/electronics to him. I'll take care of the d

I set up my AV room just recently also. I have a new Sharp Aquos 50 inch LCD coupled with two Infinity Beta 50's on either side of the TV, an Infinity TSS Center4000 sitting a a small shelf on top of the TV and a Mirage S10 Subwoofer. Produces some incredible sound! Right now I am using a Bose 321GS type 2 as my source for sound for the Sharp. Plan on adding three Beta surrounds sometime in the future.

This shot has been haunting me all day. Your home theatre is indeed a sanctuary, Volker. Congrats!!

P.S.: My boyfriend is already thinking ahead when we'll have our own (when we marry). He frequents a home theatre forum:

Do you know it?

I am leaving the wonk-work about the electrics/electronics to him. I'll take care of the d

... good taste in movies too, Bladerunner, possibly the best Sci-Fi movie ever made....

Agreed!! Especially the director's cut B)

@German in Denmark... nice stuff mate, espcially the record player looks awesome. I can't make up from the pixx what amp and speakers you have, but seeing the record player i assume it is a Class A amp...

Do you know it?

How will this work in Coral Gables? A mate of mines has one of the "true" theater set ups but he has a basement. They work best when you have NO windows, like a real movie theater. Will you have a basement in S. Florida?

There are very few basements in Florida. The bedrock is simply not strong enough as we are a few feet above water. :)

Americans always seem to have a "Family Room" as part of their middle-class houses. That family room is called a Florida Room here, appropriately enough: a light, airy room which is closest to the veranda/pool.

WoodWinfFR.jpg

That's where I intend on having this home theatre. The choice will be up to him, since a closed, dark space is best for sound.

I'm not sure I'll live in Coral Gables when I marry, but I better! I didn't come from Belgravia to end my days in Hialeah. :lol:

@HikeUSA: OUTSTANDING! And hey, I have that chaise-longe too! :clap:

Agreed!! Especially the director's cut B)

@German in Denmark... nice stuff mate, espcially the record player looks awesome. I can't make up from the pixx what amp and speakers you have, but seeing the record player i assume it is a Class A amp...

Thanks. The amp is a Pioneer VSA-AX10Ai, not ClassA, but clean and extremely powerful. The rest: Sony Xa30ES CD player (modified), Sony ST-STB 900 FM/DAB tuner, Luxman PD 310 record player with vacuum stabilizer, Mission Tonearm and Ortofon MC30Super PU (and Danish NLP MC- Pre), Canton Subwoofer, Elac Speakers (with ribbon tweeters) all around, Pioneer DV-868 AVi DVD, Topfield TF 5500 PVR, LG Plasma TV... If I had to change (again again...) and had the bucks, I would go for Bowers&Wilkins speakers (had them before) and Mark Levinson or Lexicon amps. :whistling:

Cheers,

Volker

Here's my Sanctuary on Friday and Saturday nights:

Shot showing front and rear sorround speakers (total of 8 + 2 subs):

ht1.jpg

Shot showing the front and center speakers:

ht2.jpg

Different angle:

ht4.jpg

Other wall:

ht3.jpg

The Heart of the System: Denon 5800, OPPO 981HD, Sony VIAO Mulimedia Server w/ 2 Terabytes, Comcast HD Receiver, LG DVD/HD recorder'

Belkin PureAV Line conditioner, Toshiba 6100 DVD, Pioneer Cassette/DAT player, TDK CD recorder

Projector: Sanyo Z2000 Screen: Da-Lite Tensioned Horizon Electrol Projector Screen 120"

ht5.jpg

Here's my Sanctuary on Friday and Saturday nights:

WOW Hike, that is so great... Thank you so much for sharing! (How) did you tune the room acoustically?

BTW. Seeing your gear reminds me that I have forgotten to mention one piece of equipment of mine: a DVDO iScan HD+ up-scaler. It is lifting every signal up to almost HD-quality...

Cheers,

Volker

WOW Hike, that is so great... Thank you so much for sharing! (How) did you tune the room acoustically?

BTW. Seeing your gear reminds me that I have forgotten to mention one piece of equipment of mine: a DVDO iScan HD+ up-scaler. It is lifting every signal up to almost HD-quality...

Cheers,

Volker

Thanks! I used a 1" thick rug, a few leather sofa and loveset, 2 recliners, a devan, leather table, rubber acoustics under the screen and put one sub up front to the right and 1 on the rear

behind the last seat to the left with rubber acoustics behind them!

I use Digital Video Essentials HD DVD to Calibrate both video and audio.