When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea Dweller needs uni-rotational bezel

Nightstroker

I bought this watch from a member over at RWI a few months ago....got it for a decent price....besides the horrible lug holes that are extremely off center and un-moddable....there is another problem....the bezel is bi-rotational....wrong for the SD....which I was aware of when I bought the watch....I dont know what I was thinking....but anyway....needs a new bezel....a correct one....I just dont know if this watch will accept a uni-rotational bezel....please take a look and help out....thanks

DSC002381.JPG

DSC002391.JPG

DSC002401.JPG

DSC002411.JPG

Maybe I am better off taking out the 2836-2 and putting it into my noobmariner....

Should be bi-directional no-click. Why can't the CG's be modified? Grind away!

I was not aware that the DRSD had a bi-directional bezel....my bad....I assumed it was uni-dir because most diving watches are....that way if you bump it while diving it will re-adjust in a safe direction....not leading the diver to think that he has more time left on his air supply than he really does....

And yes I will get to work on the CGs one of these days.... :lol:

This is a vintage 1665 double red sea-dweller. The bezel should turn freely in BOTH directions. Only the newer saphire crystal models click in one direction. Modding this to a uni-direction would be extremely incorrect.

The lug holes are a bit off center BUT i've drilled out lug holes on 1680 submariners are they ALWAYS look better after they are enlarged to the proper 1.3mm size.. or maybe its 1.2mm? I cant remember off hand. I drill mine to 1.5mm only because i think it looks better but thats personal opinion i guess :) I love lug holes!!! :wub:

cheers

dizz

Thanks for the help guys....thats exactly what I needed to hear....im reluctant to drill out the lug holes because one of them is so off center that im afraid the drill bit will come through the face of the lug....if you look closely at the pic you can see that the one on the left is quite close to the edge....crown guards will be modded soon though.... :D :D :D :D