When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HI ! I'm a "Newbie" looking for some advice...

RKIK

Hi everyone;

I'm relatively new to the world of replica watches. I'm most interested in mens sport watches with stainless steel bands. Dive watches mostly. Replicas of Rolex Submariniers & Seadwellers. Omega Planet Oceans & Seamasters. Some Breitlings...

Where would you all recommend I start with my quest for looking for decent quality replicas of these watches that are still reasonably priced ?

Thanks;

RKIK

Hi RKK and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Simply put "You have come to the right place"

To start your quest I suggest you get comfortable and spend many hours reading through our forum, you will soon see that you hold the key to the best rep's available.

Ken

Thanks for making me feel welcome Ken.

I will definitely pore through the forum here, but would love to get some input as to a few good, reputable , replica watch dealers whose stroes I check out on the internet.

I'm dying to have a 'look-see', but don't know where to satrt...

RKIK

RKIK:

good advise from Kenberg....you'll find what you're looking for and you'll increase your knowledge of this hobby exponentially....question for you: what do you consider a reasonable price? You can find a good asian sub for as little as $100 and you can find really nice modded MBW/MBKs for $500...so, I'm interested in what you think it's gonna cost.

Oh and welcome....BTW if you have a wife/girlfriend/significant other who is looking for nice purses, jewelry, etc...kenberg is a great place to start!

Hi everyone;

I'm relatively new to the world of replica watches. I'm most interested in mens sport watches with stainless steel bands. Dive watches mostly. Replicas of Rolex Submariniers & Seadwellers. Omega Planet Oceans & Seamasters. Some Breitlings...

Where would you all recommend I start with my quest for looking for decent quality replicas of these watches that are still reasonably priced ?

Thanks;

RKIK

Hey, what happened? You have three post of the same??????? Welcome, anyway....and you could start here on your quest: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=11

RKIK, Trust me.....you want to research before jumping in and opening your wallet... All replicas are not of the same ilk, some are good, some are not so good. You ARE in the right place and that's half the battle. No AAAA+ Swiss reps here. What Ken said is true....there is a wealth of knowledge found here. The more you know the better your decisions what to buy will be. It's a process that becomes an addiction. Good luck.

You need know only 1 thing -- Everything you know or have heard about reps is WRONG.

Before you do anything, take a trip to your local AD (authorized dealer) and try on the genuine watch or watches that you are interested in. Then go to the watch company's website & download pictures of the watch you want. Use these to compare against any rep you may consider. Until you know what a gen (genuine) watch looks & feels like, you will have no way of gauging which rep's set of inaccuracies offends you the least (there is no such thing as a perfect, 1:1 or 100% accurate rep). Like Ken said, read, read & read some more. RWG is a virtual encyclopedia of accurate & reliable rep information. Learn to use the Search, because the answers to just about any question you can think of has been asked (and answered) many times before.

Indeed this is the 3rd time you posted this on our forum and this one is in the Rolex area too.

Methinks you best start by reading our forum rules, I will move this to our Introduction forum and delete your other two threads.

Ken

Welcome to the forum. Browsing through the different sections will be a great help in getting up to speed on the whole rep thing. When I first visited this forum I spent a couple of weeks read through old threads trying to learn as much as possible about reps in general. Initially, I was focused on Rolex but discovered that there was a whole big rep world of which Rolex was only a part. Also, learning about reps is really more like a hobby than actual study. Good luck

Rep manufacturers have an even more difficult job that the builders of the genuine ones. While the original manufacturers take profit of decades of engeneering and experience in their field of building fine quality watches the manufacturers of the reps are not blessed with that amount of experience.

Further the rep manufacturers have to copy the look and feel as well as the functions of the originals and build a watch of really respectable quality with about 10-25% of the production budget per watch compared to the originals. Regarding this they produce great watches at regardably low costs. And while the rep manufacturers and dealers ad 50-100% to the production price of their watches to make a living you can imagine what the manufacturers put on top. Of course the advertising costs, creating and maintaining a brand image and so on is at the expense of the original maufacturers but we don

Edited by Fish

Rep manufacturers have an even more difficult job that the builders of the genuine ones. While the original manufacturers take profit of decades of engeneering and experience in their field of building fine quality watches the manufacturers of the reps are not blessed with that amount of experience.

Further the rep manufacturers have to copy the look and feel as well as the functions of the originals and build a watch of really respectable quality with about 10-25% of the production budget per watch compared to the originals. Regarding this they produce great watches at regardably low costs. And while the rep manufacturers and dealers ad 50-100% to the production price of their watches to make a living you can imagine what the manufacturers put on top. Of course the advertising costs, creating and maintaining a brand image and so on is at the expense of the original maufacturers but we don

Did you find your dealer here? I hope you get what you expect. I came to this place because the experience of a community with dealers having a reputation gives safety. After reading quite a lot I found that there was an amazing knowledge around. These folks here are really crazy for watches, most really love them. It seems that showing some wealth with prestigeous swiss brand watches is pretty much less important for folks around here. Something that makes me feel comfortable.

Please don

Edited by Fish

Did you find your dealer here? I hope you get what you expect. I came to this place because the experience of a community with dealers having a reputation gives safety. After reading quite a lot I found that there was an amazing knowledge around. These folks here are really crazy for watches, most really love them. It seems that showing some wealth with prestigeous swiss brand watches is pretty much less important for folks around here. Something that makes me feel comfortable.

Please don

@RKK,

There are many advantages to being a supporter, which you need to up grade to.(See "upgrade" button, top right)

One of these is access to the many items displayed by our "collectors" (including the likes of "Bergy")

Enjoy your stay and hope you find what you seek. However the collective knowledge in the general forums, is the real essence of this site and hobby.

Offshore