When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: Omega Speedmaster date (panda)

Rolexman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a gen silver faced Speedy date. These reps are brilliant. Only other difference that I see from pics is that the labelling on the clasp is a little off with placement but who will notice...no one. I ordered a black face with silver/white dials just compare in the flesh. Can't wait.

IMG_2209.jpg

I have a gen silver faced Speedy date. These reps are brilliant. Only other difference that I see from pics is that the labelling on the clasp is a little off with placement but who will notice...no one. I ordered a black face with silver/white dials just compare in the flesh. Can't wait.

IMG_2209.jpg

Having just received my black dial silver sub dial rep, I compared it to my gen all silver. First, it is very, very close to the original and no one will pick it apart without having extensive knowledge of the original or a gen to compare it to side-by-side. Here are the little differences. small hour markers at 1,2,4,5,7,8,10 and 11 are a bit smaller than the gen and have a dab of paint lume on them which is larger and not square like the gen. The subdial font is bolder and slightly larger than the gen but looks good and more legible. The labeling is in a larger font and the chronometer writing almost touches the trim on the date which is not accurate. Keeping in mind, mine are sitting side-by-side not something someone admiring the watch would notice. The bracelet is dead on but the last link that enters the clasp is a little larger than the gen but no one will see that. And at least on mine the clasp doesn't close as crisp as the gen a little rough. Finish of the watch is amazing and looks exact to the gen. the case back is close but the etching on the 100/333 ft could be deeper and blasted better but for something that no one usually sees it is fairly good. I have no problem passing this one off as a gen. Very impressed!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...