When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my buddy messing with me? Gen GMTII

llsteve80

Hi,

My buddy has a Gen TT GMT II that he says is real, and since he makes over 500k a year, I don't doubt it. It is the newest version with green GMT hand. I was scoping it out and when I bent the bracelet to look at the midlinks, they were solid. Huh? Are the gold ones solid or something? Or hollow but filled in somehow on the sides?

Gen TT GMT II that he says is real

well yes that makes sense. :D

Do you mean the band is solid gold? If so I do believe (although I am willing to stand corrected) that a solid gold band is an option Rolex will do for any watch on request.

Ken

well yes that makes sense. :D

Do you mean the band is solid gold? If so I do believe (although I am willing to stand corrected) that a solid gold band is an option Rolex will do for any watch on request.

Ken

Its two-tone, and the gold links are solid. I gave him a crazy look, which may have been unwarranted. I know he didn't custom order anything, as he is an impulse buyer.

I think it's real knowing him, I just always thought the mid links should be hollow. I did throw it on the scale. 165 grams.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Just checked this watch out at the AD this week. Solid gold mid links is the standard for this watch. I was amazed at how much heavier it actually makes the watch.