When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Springbars

Victoria

I've finally decided to use springbars whenever possible, and am wondering who amongst you uses them EXCLUSIVELY for Luminors?

DSCN4379.jpg

Are there other sources other than River? (I heard he's out of them for the moment)

Relatedly, I've tried to Cape Cod polish the scratches on my DSN 112, near the lugends, but they won't come out.

I'm thinking of buying a dremel. Is that too complicated for a newbie like me? Please note I don't even know what one looks like, but I'm a quick study. :)

Cape Cod won't remove deep scratches and using a Dremel should be your last resort. Try Timezone and some of the other watch fora/forums and there is regularly an ad from'watchbandrenew' which provides a hierarchy of polishing pads that can be used to remove deep scratches then, via a series of steps, get back to a fine polished finish. I haven't used this method but I know of others who have had good results.

You can get those springbars on ebay too. But apparently the seller is River also.. Got 4 of them a while ago because a lugscrew was stripped and they work quite well. The downside however is that you can't use the strap tubes with them.

Using a dremel shouldn't be too difficult. You might want to practice on other things first though before you try something on your watch.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

If you ever intend to use the springbars with a dive strap, ORDER A SET FOR EXCLUSIVE USE with that dive strap. Do not plan on removing them from the dive strap. Ever. It is EXTREMELY difficult, and will likely result in damage to the strap, the bar, or both. With leather straps, by all means swap away, but rubber, consider it being a permanant mod to the strap, rather than part of the watch.

Normal broadcasting will now resume :)

(Repost)

HELP HELP HELP

I am due to order one from an off-forum merchant but I need exact metric measurements of both 24mm/26mm springbars. From tip to top, side to side, etc.

Can any member help me out?

In the whole of my house, I just have a half-smudged metric springbar "ruler". :(