When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor snowflake hands

llsteve80

of snowflake hands?

In the auction stated above, Classic Watch Parts was the seller. They often list them on eBay.

As far as I know of, Classic Watch Parts is the only company making (or having them made for them) the "Snow Flake" hands. At least they are the only company I have seen selling them. And they have been selling them for a while now.

I don't understand why there are no reasonably priced and obtainable Tudor Submariner reps out there? There was the Watchmaster rep and there is the Vietnamese rep (i.e. Phong), does MBW offer a Tudor rep?

Some posts imply that MBW makes a Tudor rep...but if they do (did?) why doesn't anyone who deals with MBW (i.e. TTK) ever offer them?

Unless I can obtain a good rep, I've been planning on building my own using a vintage MBW sub as the base. I have seen Tudor Subs with a "blank" (i.e. Rolex Sub style) case back. Not having "Original Oyster Case By Rolex" engraved on the back should not be a reason to assume a Tudor is not gen.

In addition to the Tudor Snow Flake hands, Classic Watch Parts offer some other nice parts. They are the only ones (as far as I know off) that offer an original "Bakelite" bezel for the 6542 GMT.

I guess I'll email them sometime and see if they do fit the ETA 2836-2 for sure. If they do, I may get a set of the white ones (they come in white or aged) for my franken Tudor Tiger Sub project. I haven't got very far yet. Ciborgman donated a Sub dial for me to rob the markers off of (thanks). I have a vintage and a modern Sub case that the dial will fit. It may turn out totally stupid looking but I was glad to get this dial so cheap.

I like building franken Tudors, most watch guys just look and assume it's a gen....not like the Rolex "is it real" stuff.

4398_1_sbl.jpg

S6300287.jpg

a4.jpg

Not having "Original Oyster Case By Rolex" engraved on the back should not be a reason to assume a Tudor is not gen.

Incorrect. Coming from a former owner of 6 real vintage Tudor Subs (7928, 7016, 9401, 2 9411's and a 79090), if I saw a Tudor Sub without the correct markings on the back (for your model number) let alone the incorrect profile I would assume it was a copy first and real second.