When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB Genuine 1665 Insert

cib0rgman

The parts questions are somewhat subjective, but yes, you should be able to do better on that tropic.

I'd want to see that insert before I'd agree to a deal. That sounds cheap to me...based on what I've been seeing recently.

With the inserts, can I make a suggestion?

I would spend the time to source something that you have zero doubt about. The effect of having a gen vintage insert is critical to the presentation of your watch, it's not something you want as an aftermarket part, IMO.

It's also the part that is hardest to source and is often faked.

@ cib0rgman

Sounds like the same guy I bought mine from. Same parts, same price, same story. He first said it would be two weeks turn around on the bezel insert but it showed up just two days later with the tropic. Send me a PM if you want to compare notes. I asked him point blank if the parts were Genuine and he said yes.

ummm.....this is maybe stating the obvious, but you just can't "order" a 1665 insert -- these are vintage parts that are not easy to come by.....take a look at recently closed ebay auctions for vintage inserts (with acryllic tritium pearls) -- these things are going for ~$400 recently.....

just to be clear, this is what a genuine rolex vintage acryllic tritium pearl should look like:

dsc01532ru8.jpg

hope this helps,

deltatahoe

I just had a genuine insert put on my 1680 last year for $65. It's the same part # 315-5513-01, for the 1665, 5513, and 5512. New inserts will be luminescent material and say that on the package- lumi. I kept the old tritium insert and put it on my WM red sub. $95 isn't a bad price if it's genuine- this stuff is hard to come by and with a rep you just can't walk into an AD! I don't know about the flat top T-39- at $150, I'd probably just go w/ a Clark's, but it's all just a matter of how correct you want to be.

Alligoat,

Thanks for the advice in fact I have a Clarks Super dome and Flat one. I would like to be as correct as possible without spending a fortune. This project will be very close to the price of a used 14060

MBW 1665 Watch $385.00

Movement 1570 $850.00

Gen 93150 with 580 end links 430.00

Gen Crown + tube $80.00

After market Crystal $60.00

Gen Insert ?????

Service to put all together ????

The satisfaction to wear a vintage piece for a fraction of the price.... PRICELESS :p :p

Genuine insert???

Set of hands- saw some at NDTrading for $100

Also might want to consider a service for the 1570- around $200 maybe

Fitting the movement into the case may require a little filing on the side opposite the stem. Other than that, I believe it's a pretty simple fit- up. Especially if you've already installed the case tube. Good luck. Sounds like you'll have a very nice franken for a little over $2K.

@mezzanine,

I have the bracelet last year from ebay around thanksgiving.

@alligoat

The movement had a fresh service when I bought it. I still need that Insert, do you have the URL fro NDtrading, I am going to send all the parts to The Zigmeister I want the dial and hands aged that is something I am unable to do.

I can replace the crystal drill lug holes, modified crown guards and that is, I do not have a tap tool for the crown

I will post some pictures when this bay is complete, it will sometime after march