When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm 5th Generation Swiss Planet Ocean

Guest TTK

Finally arrived......5th generation planet Ocean......in true 45mm case....fitted with Swiss ETA 2836-2 automatic movement....see photo No1 for details....!

In conjunction with my supplier.....I commisioned these......IMO they're the nicest yet......I compared it with a genuine at the World Trade Centre in Bangkok this afternoon.....can't see any difference......even the HE valve which everyone goes on about being incorrect....looks the same.....it's not actually offset....it's the upward angle of the case lug that makes it look slightly offset...an optical delusion..!

Unfortunately I bought only 16x of them......8x orange.....and 8x black dials.......most are pre-sold to existing customers.......who elected to pay in advance when I first posted about them......so I'm left with 3x of each......for sale......so it's first come first served......I won't be posting a BUY NOW button for these just yet....as I don't want to be swamped with Paypal orders and insufficient stock.......altho' new stock is coming in....in about 7-10 days.....so if you want one ...you can pre-order....and I'll supply as soon as they arrive......!

I'LL BE POSTING A BUY NOW BUTTON.........TOMORROW MORNING ABOUT 9am....( Thailand time ).......7 hours ahead of UK / Europe...and 12 hours ahead of US time.....!

70029-32900.jpg

70029-32901.jpg

70029-32902.jpg

70029-32903.jpg

70029-32904.jpg

70029-32905.jpg

70029-32906.jpg

70029-32907.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The omega symbol looks funny to me... the tails on the symbol curls upwards. This is true on the vintage omegas but the modern omegas have flat tails. Compare the pics yourself.

Good eye. Even though, IMHO, the Omega symbol when compared to the correct pic, has the correct spacing, the Omega symbol itself is incorrect. The symbol should not be curling upwards. Also, on the bezel, looks the orange triangle outline is missing as well. Otherwise, not a bad watch.

Good eye. Even though, IMHO, the Omega symbol when compared to the correct pic, has the correct spacing, the Omega symbol itself is incorrect. The symbol should not be curling upwards. Also, on the bezel, looks the orange triangle outline is missing as well. Otherwise, not a bad watch.

This is quite minor flaw, that only Omega junkies with a microscope will see. This 5th gen is nice looking.

You know what.....all you WIS...should hear yourselves.......if you want perfection.....buy the real deal.....that's what I did.......it seems ever more apparent that you f***rs wouldn't be happy in heaven......"this isn't right.....oh...look....that tail's a little squiggly"...picking inconsequential faults on a rep......it's true what they say........let a chimp loose on a computer and it'll come up with Hamlet..........it's a $200 dollar watch fer chrissakes........take your $200 to Ernest Jones and buy a DKNY.......:lol:

You know what.....all you WIS...should hear yourselves.......if you want perfection.....buy the real deal.....that's what I did.......it seems ever more apparent that you f***rs wouldn't be happy in heaven......"this isn't right.....oh...look....that tail's a little squiggly"...picking inconsequential faults on a rep......it's true what they say........let a chimp loose on a computer and it'll come up with Hamlet..........it's a $200 dollar watch fer chrissakes........take your $200 to Ernest Jones and buy a DKNY.......:lol:

@frontin.....thank you....a new member with a grasp on reality......welcome to the wonderful world of replica watches.....and I do mean wonderful......the quality of reps has improved immensely over the years.....I mean where else can you buy a solid stainless steel...21j automatic watch with Swiss ETA movement......AND a prestigious brand name on the dial....for $200+......I ask you.....DKNY/ ARMANI / FOSSIL / GUESS.....all $200 buck watches.....or a Planet Ocean rep.....no brainer.....!

Here's a challenge for you all.......and a prize at the end of the challenge....!

Go find a mall jeweller / watchsmith / AD.....who will do the following for you.

1. Seek out the very latest offerings and stock the watch of your dreams....for $200

2. Patiently enter into all sorts of negotiations with you via PM's e-mail etc etc regarding the specs of that watch......no matter how many e-mails you send.....regardless of how many stupid questions you ask....for $200.

3. Provide an easy payment method which guarantees a refund....even if you don't use your credit card....for a measly $200 payment.

4. Provide an automatic watch with Swiss movement for $200.00

4. Ensure that it is well packed and sent to you with a false value declaration for Customs....for $200

5. Provide you with written proof of value for Customs....for $200

6. Guarantee that it will clear customs or you get a new watch....for $200

7. Guarantee that if it gets stolen in the mail you will get a new watch....for $200

8. Guarantee that if it arrives DOA ...you will have it repaired....replaced....or refunded....for $200

9. Provide you with an internationally recognised brand name that carries prestige and status wherever you may be...from Audemars Piguet to Zenith.....recognised in Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe.....for $200

10. Take the risk of being imprisoned....home and property seized and all assets forfeited....for $200

11. Suffer the ignominy of people criticising the product that they have as being "NOT CORRECT" for $200

12. And finally do all of the above for a $99.00 watch ( with of course the exception of a Swiss ETA mov't.)

For your $99.00 or $200.....you get all of the above.....the dealer gets what $30-$50 bucks.......but YOU expect him to do all of the above for his $30.00 bucks......you go find me a mall jeweller / watchsmith / AD...in fact any retailer who will do the above....and I'll send you a free Planet Ocean.....!

You guys who [censored] and moan about the dealers....and the product....( it'snot just me BTW ).........are the most petty, spoiled impatient , obtuse people that any retailer could ever hope to avoid.......you want it all....and you want it now.....and you want it cheap........privilged because of yoru membership of these boards.......if you were cast adrift and had only the Bay or replicscamcenter to deal with......you'd be a sorry lot...instead of being grateful for the bounty you receive.....!

Edited by TTK

Well TTK we had our moments but i this case y're right.

Damn never thought i will say this.

We are talking about reps people and usd 200 for an eta movement!

Also this is not the place to start a flame war.

I know a lot off people are not amused with Neil but let's be honest, we can choose our dealer.

If you don't like him don't buy.

Don't speak just read.

Ok enough brownnosing. :)

@Spock....thanks for your comment.....it's not about brown nosing tho'..... I don't need anyone kissing my ass......it's about VFM.....what you get when you pay your money......for an illegal replica item...!

When you get caught up in the hurly burly of our forums....most people seem to forget a few things....namely..!

1. Why do replicas exist..?

A. To satisfy the demand for luxury items......the status that is attached to them......luxury items cost a lot of money......that's why they're luxury items.

2. Why do our members buy replica watches.....!

A. Because they are luxury items.....and have cache and status attached to them which reflects on the owner......if the dealers here were selling replica Timexes or Pulsars.....we wouldn't have many members / customers.

3. Are the members here getting value for money.

Of course they are.....they're getting 90%+ of the original for less than 10% of the price......they get the status....the perception of wealth or refinement for that small investment.

4. Do the members / customers have unreasonably high expectations regarding the "replica".

Undoubtedly......the fact that almost 99% of their contemporaries / friends family etc etc....would be unableto distinguish real from rep......means that they are fretting over small inconsistencies that are really irrelevant.

First of all I will qualify by saying that I first joined TRC in 2003, but have been in to reps for a least 10 years. Over the years on the forums, there has definitely been a change in the tone of the members. Whereas early in the infancy of both TRC and RWG, there was a sense of relief that we had found a safe haven amongst the wilderness of the rep world, and we were all very grateful to have a forum where we could exchange ideas and protect ourselves and others. Nowadays, there seems to have been a change in the attitudes in all the forums. There seems to be a definite sense of entitlement that seems to be inherent now. "I need.. no I deserve to have the bestest and perfectest rep, so I can fool everyone out there even myself! And I want this delivered to my door yesterday!! Or else!!" . Where did this come from? Maybe it is from all the hard work that was done before these relative newcomers(BTW I hate the term newbies) stumbled on to this hobby. They have entered a world where it is much easier to get very excellent replicas for a much wider variety of watches.

Even though I cannot dissuade members from looking for the perfect rep out there, I have to unequivocally say there will never be a perfect rep, because in the end no matter how convincing to the outside world, you yourself will know it is a rep. A wise man once said a rep is a rep, even thougha very simple statement, in a nutshell if taken to heart you will enjoy this hobby of ours so much more and in the end isn't that what its all about. At least for me it is.

Eddy