When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm 5th Generation Swiss Planet Ocean

Guest TTK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can't talk about flaws now? What's the purpose of this forum then? Is it just a dealer's asskissing forum?

I comment on all the other dealers' PO threads anyway, but it doesn't mean I don't buy them. I have 4 reps and a gen.

I don't ask for 100% perfection, but by knowing the flaws, I can compare different versions and I can mod it as close as possible. That's the main purpose of the existence of this forum. So you guys are bitching about people posting flaws, and you know what, you can buy all the old versions or compare the watches yourself.

Btw, you showed a gen 42mm and said it has a correct bezel indent. :thumbdown:

Flaws:

1. Crown is too thin.

2. Incorrect HE position.

3. Wrong Planet Ocean engraving on the caseback. It should be a larger P and O.

4. Clasp is missing "Professional"

5. Hands are still too short, and too thin. Orange color of the second hand is not sharp enough.

6. No(Very Weak) AR Coating.

7. Pearl is too fat.

8. Font on bezel is too bold. The teeth (indent) on the bezel have a wrong shape.

9. lug size is 20mm instead of 22mm

10. Wrong Omega Logo on Dial.

Genuine pictures:

71019-32680.jpg

71019-32681.jpg

71019-32682.jpg

71019-32683.jpg

71019-32684.jpg

@frontin.....thank you....a new member with a grasp on reality......welcome to the wonderful world of replica watches.....and I do mean wonderful......the quality of reps has improved immensely over the years.....I mean where else can you buy a solid stainless steel...21j automatic watch with Swiss ETA movement......AND a prestigious brand name on the dial....for $200+......I ask you.....DKNY/ ARMANI / FOSSIL / GUESS.....all $200 buck watches.....or a Planet Ocean rep.....no brainer.....!

Here's a challenge for you all.......and a prize at the end of the challenge....!

Go find a mall jeweller / watchsmith / AD.....who will do the following for you.

1. Seek out the very latest offerings and stock the watch of your dreams....for $200

2. Patiently enter into all sorts of negotiations with you via PM's e-mail etc etc regarding the specs of that watch......no matter how many e-mails you send.....regardless of how many stupid questions you ask....for $200.

3. Provide an easy payment method which guarantees a refund....even if you don't use your credit card....for a measly $200 payment.

4. Provide an automatic watch with Swiss movement for $200.00

4. Ensure that it is well packed and sent to you with a false value declaration for Customs....for $200

5. Provide you with written proof of value for Customs....for $200

6. Guarantee that it will clear customs or you get a new watch....for $200

7. Guarantee that if it gets stolen in the mail you will get a new watch....for $200

8. Guarantee that if it arrives DOA ...you will have it repaired....replaced....or refunded....for $200

9. Provide you with an internationally recognised brand name that carries prestige and status wherever you may be...from Audemars Piguet to Zenith.....recognised in Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe.....for $200

10. Take the risk of being imprisoned....home and property seized and all assets forfeited....for $200

11. Suffer the ignominy of people criticising the product that they have as being "NOT CORRECT" for $200

12. And finally do all of the above for a $99.00 watch ( with of course the exception of a Swiss ETA mov't.)

For your $99.00 or $200.....you get all of the above.....the dealer gets what $30-$50 bucks.......but YOU expect him to do all of the above for his $30.00 bucks......you go find me a mall jeweller / watchsmith / AD...in fact any retailer who will do the above....and I'll send you a free Planet Ocean.....!

You guys who [censored] and moan about the dealers....and the product....( it'snot just me BTW ).........are the most petty, spoiled impatient , obtuse people that any retailer could ever hope to avoid.......you want it all....and you want it now.....and you want it cheap........privilged because of yoru membership of these boards.......if you were cast adrift and had only the Bay or replicscamcenter to deal with......you'd be a sorry lot...instead of being grateful for the bounty you receive.....!

So how much is the watch, Neil!!!!! :bangin:

@Kwai......

So we can't talk about flaws now? What's the purpose of this forum then? Is it just a dealer's asskissing forum?
Edited by TTK

Thanks for the pics, it's an amazing rep!

Thanks for spotting the flaws, it's good to know what we buy!

But I'm amazed by the arrogance of so many dealers or buyers in this thread...

Pretending to have a 10 years experience in reps... !!!

Braguing about one's products' & service's quality as if it were above the real one... !!!

Come on... You all (either buyers or sellers) can't reach genuine's quality, so why pretend !

Buy what you can, sell what you can, and get a life !

These watches are an illusion and it lools like many are so scared of being found. But even if you wear the most expensive watch on your wrist, you won't become a better person ! Berlusconi has a $540,000 VC, Putin a $60,000 PP and G.W. Bush wears... a $50 Timex !

There are many cheap and gorgeous watches around. Seiko is a very honourable brand. Tag Heuer as well. Omega has some cheap models (around 1500 € for a quartz SMP, some speedmasters also are in this price range). So why looking for a rep which has so many flaws?

Actually I do own a rep... A Panerai... I don't care about this brand but I just like it's design.

But I won't buy an omega rep...

But I'm amazed by the arrogance of so many dealers or buyers in this thread...

You will get used to it.

Sadly every thread with TTK end up that way. (Neil or others fault)

That said, even if this watch have flaws, I find it very nice and "near perfect". Which, like Neil said, is as close you will get with a $200 watch. (hey, I have the same opinion as Neil this time ! :bleh: )

This forum is here to talk about replica. And replica ALWAYS come with flaws. It's good to know what's not 100% right with the watch before buying it. It help you to make a choice.

That said, even if you don't like TTK, this 5th version is the closest we got yet, and I finally think it's worth to get it. With all the information you get here, you can make your own choice if the flaw bother you or not. Anyway, most dealer will have it soon. (might no be the same price, but still, it's another choice you have to make.)

There are many cheap and gorgeous watches around. Seiko is a very honourable brand. Tag Heuer as well. Omega has some cheap models (around 1500 € for a quartz SMP, some speedmasters also are in this price range). So why looking for a rep which has so many flaws?

Because some of us like the design of more expensive watch and don't have the money for it, or don't feel comfortable wearing a $3000 watch for everyday use. Even if I have Omega reps, and that I really like the look of them, Omega didn't lost a sale with me, I wouldn't ever got one anyway.

Finally, if you don't like replica, what the hell are you doing on this board ?

Edited by vric

I don't think any dealer would have the arrogance to claim a rep as 'perfect'..........as I've always said...if you want perfection....buy genuine......but in my opinion this is as close as they've come.......if this watch didn't have an Omega logo on it.......it would still be a bargain at $200+....Swiss ETA movement...stainless steel....etc etc.....you'd find it very difficult to come up with something as nice......however the logo on the dial is the sweetener.......that's WHY members buy this rep......they don't buy it for the overall quality......it's the BRAND and it's associated status......!

BTW....if you determine arrogance on my part.....it's a reflection of the character of members on this board......who want it all...want it now....and fargin' woe betide if it ain't just right......I want Ralph Nader protection.....BBB ethics.....and a sweet natured dealer who won't get absolutely jaded with the fact that I want everything....now....!

Edited by TTK

I don't think any dealer would have the arrogance to claim a rep as 'perfect'...

..although I think you'd have a valid claim with the item that was sitting waiting for me when I got home today :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(Details to follow, watch dealer review and maybe 'Rep v Gen'. 'Robins Nest-u-raunt' - aye, very good :lol:)

You know what.....all you WIS...should hear yourselves.......if you want perfection.....buy the real deal.....that's what I did.......it seems ever more apparent that you f***rs wouldn't be happy in heaven......"this isn't right.....oh...look....that tail's a little squiggly"...picking inconsequential faults on a rep......it's true what they say........let a chimp loose on a computer and it'll come up with Hamlet..........it's a $200 dollar watch fer chrissakes........take your $200 to Ernest Jones and buy a DKNY.......:lol:

Very true.... I feel I will never find happiness in any aspect of life :(

You know I think it looks scary real.... Big compliments for that, I don't care for a logo on a watch like this. I would wear it for it's looks. As a matter of fact I would feel really ripped of buying "the real thing" for 20X this price... ha. Super cool TTK....where can I order!!! Do you have it with the orange leather strap?