When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you like the Simona Anticata strap?

V

I like a lot the SImona Anticata strap mostly of the 'pale' light tan colour it has.. So I tried to find a hide that it will be close to that look...

This one is the Greek hide but not tanned and treated as my usual straps so it will not get the patina my original greek hide gets. ;)

The following strap is for a member's 217 :)

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

I like a lot the SImona Anticata strap mostly of the 'pale' light tan colour it has.. So I tried to find a hide that it will be close to that look...

I LOVE her Anticcata! :)

We have very very close tastes, V. It's nice.

DSC00385.jpg

:wub:

Magnificent. Is this like my LV strap, which you made me? BTW, I had that on the other day, but it started raining -- I ran like a madwoman to my car to protect it.

I LOVE her Anticcata! :)

We have very very close tastes, V. It's nice.

:wub:

Magnificent. Is this like my LV strap, which you made me? BTW, I had that on the other day, but it started raining -- I ran like a madwoman to my car to protect it.

Yeap.. we know about leathers :)

It is not like your LV.. that one it gets darker with sunlight and wear. THis one is not tanned and treated the same way so it will remain 'pale' and light if only will get a slightly darker colour.

Consider the one you have Simona's Vintage tan and this one Simona's Anticata :)

What a beauty V... ;)

Your straps keep getting better in time..

MM

Thanks M.. I think I have mastered at least the stitching part :)

Really they look alike. Very nice hide anyway.

They are the same hide.. but the one darkens with time while the other one is untanned and untreated and it remains the same light tan colour :)

it's funny you posted about this today V -- i had purchased a simona vachetta strap a couple weeks ago and it literally showed up in the mail today. both straps (yours & simona's) are beautiful -- this lighter colored tan isn't found in many straps & is just :wub:

for comparison purposes, here is the simona:

simonavachettastrappn1.png

i think you did a great job of picking out a similar hide -- they are very similar in color. now you just need to make some "scrape" marks on the leather, misalign your hole punches & yours will be spot-on :bleh:

deltatahoe

@V, i just noticed something from one of your pictures of the strap -- have you started doing something different (possibly shaving down the leather on the inside) at the fold of the strap at the lugs (ie. where the tubes will/would go in)? the strap looks "flatter" at the lug end to me (as if there is less material there) than some of your earlier straps :g:

or am i just over-analyzing things? :lol:

deltatahoe

i think you did a great job of picking out a similar hide -- they are very similar in color. now you just need to make some "scrape" marks on the leather, misalign your hole punches & yours will be spot-on :bleh:

I know.. I don't understand how difficult is to align the holes properly.. If I was a normal customer that would have kept me away from Simona's straps because it is that way in 99% of her straps...

Personally when I will order a strap I will ask her to leave it unpunched and do the holes myself properly.. thank you ;)

@V, i just noticed something from one of your pictures of the strap -- have you started doing something different (possibly shaving down the leather on the inside) at the fold of the strap at the lugs (ie. where the tubes will/would go in)? the strap looks "flatter" at the lug end to me (as if there is less material there) than some of your earlier straps

or am i just over-analyzing things?

Yeap.. you have eagle eyes... and no you do not overanalyze anything.

That was an issue with some of my customers in the beginning and especially those who wanted to put the strap to a Dsn case. The thick leather was rubbing against the case and it bothered some of them.

Since then I am now asking if they want thick leather on lugs or thin.

Personally in the luminors I prefer thick lugs un-shaved because it fills the watch better. With my gen 112 (and my old jimmy case destro 22-same on the 196) I don't have any problem at all.

On my Cali dial radiomir I prefer the flat lugs.

So if the strap is intended to go for a Dsn Pam I suggest flat lugs. But of course it all depends on the customer and his personal taste.

This is my own strap unshaved:

DSC08176.jpg

I finished today one more for my friend Kai...

It is the same light tan leather with baby blue stitching. He want it for his anthracite dial Pams and the blue hands 192.

I think it looks really nice and that part of the leather was the best.

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00470.jpg