When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Difference between 127E and 127H?

Ztech

The E movement also known as the "panerai panerai" engraved movement was discontinued around the g series. It was replaced with simpler cotes de geneve finish. The 127 is an E series and it so it had the earlier movement. So the 127 with H movement is a fantasy watch. The 217 which is the left handed version of the Fiddy is an H series and comes with the later movement. So the H movement certainly exists and is what you see on clear back hand winds today.

The E movement also known as the "panerai panerai" engraved movement was discontinued around the g series. It was replaced with simpler cotes de geneve finish. The 127 is an E series and it so it had the earlier movement. So the 127 with H movement is a fantasy watch. The 217 which is the left handed version of the Fiddy is an H series and comes with the later movement. So the H movement certainly exists and is what you see on clear back hand winds today.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel like I'm in intro to Greek.

I guess I've never noticed that the CG was inverted on the 127's. I don't think I've ever seen one in person. Gen or rep.

And you say you're a WIS? ;)

Even though the 127 is my favorite watch in my collection, I'd be the first to admit that they take a bit of getting used to, before becoming a daily beater. I'm sure I read on the forum that someone bought and sold two before settling on one. The first one I had (returned due to a defective crown guard lever, and exchanged for my PVD 111g) I felt was 'too big' (especially when viewing the luminous markers at night) but, the second one, I adapted to pretty quickly, and I wear it every day. I'm now so used to it, that I feel the 45mm Planet Ocean 'looks small', and a Submariner, looks almost 'feminine' by comparison :lol:

And you say you're a WIS? ;)

Even though the 127 is my favorite watch in my collection, I'd be the first to admit that they take a bit of getting used to, before becoming a daily beater. I'm sure I read on the forum that someone bought and sold two before settling on one. The first one I had (returned due to a defective crown guard lever, and exchanged for my PVD 111g) I felt was 'too big' (especially when viewing the luminous markers at night) but, the second one, I adapted to pretty quickly, and I wear it every day. I'm now so used to it, that I feel the 45mm Planet Ocean 'looks small', and a Submariner, looks almost 'feminine' by comparison :lol:

Well, I got away from PAM's several years ago and have been into mostly unknown makes and models of late. Recently the urge for PAM's have started back.

Most of my watches are divers and they start at 44mm and go all the way up to 53+ so I think the 127 will fit just fine.

Well, I got away from PAM's several years ago and have been into mostly unknown makes and models of late. Recently the urge for PAM's have started back.

Most of my watches are divers and they start at 44mm and go all the way up to 53+ so I think the 127 will fit just fine.

I'm a fan of divers watches as well. Have you seen any of the Russian divers watches? Some aren't too shabby :)

I'm a fan of divers watches as well. Have you seen any of the Russian divers watches? Some aren't too shabby :)

Yes, I've got one from Invicta. The Invicta Corduba Russian diver. It's 51mm and it's a brute. Hate to say it, but it never get's any wrist time. I've owned several Invicta's in the past, and there are some quality models, but I'm not a fan of Invcita's at all now. I delved into them when I got my start as a WIS and have never bought another one since.