When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond 6538a

XRT

That's a great deal if it is in good shape.

...but it won't fit this case (if you think you can use it on your WM or MBW Bond). The problem is that the current tube is set too far posteriorly, and if you try to drill out a larger hole and re-tap it for the 8mm crown tube you will not be able to reinstall the case-back. :bangin:

Curses. :angry:

• 1 year later...

Can someone tell me where I can find a Rolex Submariner 6538 thick case to fit a 1030 movement? Any aftermarket manufacturers out there? I have all the other components just need a case, though at this point I would consider just about anything. I have combed the internet to no avail. Perhaps I should just catch a flight to China!!

thanks in advance

Robert

rwr1958@yahoo.com

Can someone tell me where I can find a Rolex Submariner 6538 thick case to fit a 1030 movement? Any aftermarket manufacturers out there? I have all the other components just need a case, though at this point I would consider just about anything. I have combed the internet to no avail. Perhaps I should just catch a flight to China!!

thanks in advance

Robert

rwr1958@yahoo.com

Have you tried ND Trading

they have some nice third party cases.

MBW makes a no CG vintage sub?????? Who and where do I go to buy it?

I've seen them... Save your money. If you want a good no-CG Sub, you'll have to build one. My advice is to start with one of Paul's old vintage Subs with the thin case and grind off the CGs to start. It's sort of a Grail in the rep biz.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tempus, welcome, We have all got to have one of these, they are hard work and a lot of cash to get a half decent rep of one. have a good look about and you will see maybe 5 about these parts out of over 14000 members

Hi tempus, welcome, We have all got to have one of these, they are hard work and a lot of cash to get a half decent rep of one. have a good look about and you will see maybe 5 about these parts out of over 14000 members

Thanks Andy

I see members refering to watchmaster and MBW and I wonder wher to order

or at least inquire... thanks T.