When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad day at the PAM assembly factory...

RWG Technical

When I posted on my 'Ultimate PAM 111h" from angus and showed how bad it was and everyone said Angus is great and he will take care of it blah blah blah and then when i told him to refund my money and he just sent me a replacement well this just backs it up.

No matter what you want to say Angus' watches have been going downhill and his customer service stinks. I am so [censored] I gave him $385 of my hard earned money because he produced crap and now it shows again!!!!!!!!

:o When I first started this hobby, this is what I more or less expected from most reps. I was obviously proven wrong but this watch is a total piece of %$@#!.

Terrific photos and very informative post, The Zigmeister! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a surprise given the positive views I've read on this watch.

Let's hope this is an isolated case to this particular model and not the beginning of a trend.

This seems to have some of the same issues as my Ultimate 111e! The crown on mine is really hard to turn or pull-out. There was dust under both top and bottom crystals. On mine, the hands don't synchronize, meaning that when the small hand is on the hour, the big band is around 1! The CG was actually very good and flush to the case. Needless to say, I've been trying to get mine returned for a replacement, but no luck yet with a reply... :huh:

I agree with some of the members posting here that Angus is going downhill. I ordered a Pam 89 from him way before CNY and it arrived with the hour and minute hand not working and a screw was broken so one of the straps fell off the minute I pulled it out of the package. I read post after post of Angus looking at watches before sending out, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda...BU!!sh!T! I don't believe any second that he examined my watch before sending out. I got it looked at by a watchsmith who fixed the watch, and told me something was bent inside it!!! WTF!!! Ok, so maybe Angus can't see into the watch, but how about the strap falling off since the screw was clearly broken in half!!!

So now I'm still waiting to hear back from Angus whether or not he will pay for, or partially pay for the repair bill on this watch, but haven't heard anything since he's supposedly getting his F$%!* website up and running...for three weeks now!!!

I'm totally disappointed since Angus is so highly regarded on all these boards! C'mon Puretime, either you're ready for the big time or you might as well be one of these guys in China Town that sell the crap we're not willing to pay for, and the whole reason why we're all here going to dealers like you!

I agree with some of the members posting here that Angus is going downhill. I ordered a Pam 89 from him way before CNY and it arrived with the hour and minute hand not working and a screw was broken so one of the straps fell off the minute I pulled it out of the package. I read post after post of Angus looking at watches before sending out, etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda...BU!!sh!T! I don't believe any second that he examined my watch before sending out. I got it looked at by a watchsmith who fixed the watch, and told me something was bent inside it!!! WTF!!! Ok, so maybe Angus can't see into the watch, but how about the strap falling off since the screw was clearly broken in half!!!

So now I'm still waiting to hear back from Angus whether or not he will pay for, or partially pay for the repair bill on this watch, but haven't heard anything since he's supposedly getting his F$%!* website up and running...for three weeks now!!!

I'm totally disappointed since Angus is so highly regarded on all these boards! C'mon Puretime, either you're ready for the big time or you might as well be one of these guys in China Town that sell the crap we're not willing to pay for, and the whole reason why we're all here going to dealers like you!

Yikes Note to self never buy from Angus I will send my Money else where. Don't want to bother with that mess, not even take the chance

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Argh! :blink:

But another witnessing of the invaluable contribution that The Zigmeister gives the forum...

Guys, it's the very problem with incompatible cases Vacuum and I wrote about in a thread on RWI.

The issue is the case itself, not so much the dial. The case is so-called "Angus-ultimate" or "Ruby" style, it was designed to fit ONLY thin dials, not the standard replica dials. Those thin dials so far came in 111E, 113E and 036 variety (at least these are the ones I've seen so far and come across).

If you try to squeeze the 44mm rep dial of standard thickness into it, it won't fit, not unless something else 'gives in'. Also, it's extremely hard to secure the movement to the case with the case clamps, as the inner grooves for case clamps sit almost 0.5mm lower, so you have to either push extremely hard (definitely not recommended) or bend the case clamps so they can catch the grooves, again not great but better than pushing the movement in by force. Lot of things get compromised, like winding, and crown tube positioning vs movement hole for the winding stem :-(

I'm not sure how those bozos in rep factories can carry on like this, by now they must have realised it's simply wrong. These particular cases should NEVER EVER be used with standard thickness rep PAM dial, period. Original Ruby/Angus THIN painted/sausage dials for 111E/113E and 036 fit perfectly this case, and since they're thinner don't require high cannon pin upgrade.

Grr, things like these really make my blood boil...

cheers,

babola