When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 dials - Real or Fake?

seadweller3

Definitely not bad. All are reps, as far as what I can tell. I should clarify that by saying re-dials...

The second one is the best of the re-dials. Still not gen. Check the 'O' in the Rolex and the small horizontal lines on the "E" and "L", those are very precise on the gen.

The coronet looks good to me, and the "m" in the subscript is what made me think it was gen on first glance.

The back of the second dial is unmarked. My gen from '78 is stamped Beyeler on the back. Lume is somewhat sloppy, so I'd agree that it looks like a redial, or it's an outright fake.

I concur with freddy that the NDTrading dials are new. They refer to them as redials in an effort to stay out of hot water with the Rolex guys is my theory.

I agree, Rep. I think they are flying under the radar. Don't know if the patent rights have expired or not on the vintage stuff. As a hobby, I love it, but it's not a business I'd ever get into. And moving to Thailand and sippping Daiquiris on the beach w/ TTK would only work for a short vacation as far as I'm concerned.