When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Fake Trade

confused69u

It's an industry worth #10 billion a year in the UK alone, already making up 7% of World Trade - and its the fastest growing sector of the global economy. In this new series we go on a global journey that asks: if fakes define us, what have we become?

I stumbled upon this great 2-part documentary about the fake trade and I suggest you folks check it out as it is quite an eye opener. Episode 1 aired yesterday on Channel 4 in the UK however I did download the torrent for the show.

Clips can be found here: http://www.channel4.com/video/the-fake-tra...p=docpage_flash

Torrent can be found here: TORRENT FILE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fake trade or industry will not stop as long as the Gen makers produce them in God Forsaken prices....and us lowly people would

love to own what our rich brothers and sisters have!

It's the law of supply and demand...and the producers with their governments' tacit support are exploiting it!

Not that there's anything wrong with that! Everyone has to eat!

Torrent can be found here: TORRENT FILE

SEED YOU W*NKERS!

:lol:

Okay, actually like Corgi, uTorrent's info says I need a valid passkey. I went to that libitina.net site but apparently it's a devil-worshipping site (I'm not kidding). Their logo is "Bring out the Evil in You".

Ironically, that's what reps do to me.

If anybody's having difficulty with the torrent, I would have thought it'd be available for free on 4OD (see the Channel 4 website).

Mcsherry, you are a lamb! I didn't know about this. All sorts of televisual* possibilities have opened up.

http://www.channel4.com/4od/get4od/index.jsp

Just click on "Install 40D Now" in the red button. It's a simple install, with no registration required. The Fake Trade IS available, under TV, middle-right of the page.

The blurb:

"Counterfeiting has become the fastest growing crime of modern times, and all because 20 years ago the most famous luxury brands went East in search of cheap labour."

Episode 1 & 2 are there, ready to view. Brill! I can kiss the devil-worshippers adios!

*A little Fawlty Towers humour

That's horrifying.

I haven't seen this, but I consider that a crime against humanity considering Africa is DYING en masse.

I really doubt they have holes in them...

They were prob some generic Chinese made condoms (a few cents for a pack),

"re-branded" as Durex and sold for a few dollars a pack.

Edited by Homer

Ah. I see.

This "holes in condoms" factoid sounded too much like an urban legend to believe.

But they lay themselves open to the charge since they're replicating EVERYTHING, and with shoddy "quality assessment" for extra craps and giggles.

The watches, the lighters, the suits, the pens: that's one thing. But anything which affects human health, like rep cars, medicines and subpar condoms -- that's not even greediness. That's would-be homicide.

I'm not much into Ralph Naderism, but this is what consumer advocacy was made for. A shame it'll take the Chinese YEARS to find it out.

Yes beat me too it.....

Next they'll be saying counterfeit cigarettes cause cancer

i saw another show about this.

These really can be horrific. Again some are just re-branded cheap brands,

but some are made with all sorts of junk in them (well, more so than normal ciggies :) )

paper. saw dust. made in sheds so dead insects rats droppings.

Ah. I see.

This "holes in condoms" factoid sounded too much like an urban legend to believe.

But they lay themselves open to the charge since they're replicating EVERYTHING, and with shoddy "quality assessment" for extra craps and giggles.

The watches, the lighters, the suits, the pens: that's one thing. But anything which affects human health, like rep cars, medicines and subpar condoms -- that's not even greediness. That's would-be homicide.

I'm not much into Ralph Naderism, but this is what consumer advocacy was made for. A shame it'll take the Chinese YEARS to find it out.

It's funny because with the lack of QC and health concerns of Chinese products and all, the life expectancy difference between China and the US is a mere 5 years.

I agree, its more so propaganda on the part of the big companies

I think someone has forgot to mention that these 2 ( full ) episodes of "The Fake Trade "

are only viewable in the U.K. and Eire, irrespective of whether you register and download the program.