When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All Quiet On The Western Front

Chronus

I would say yes and I'm thinking am I the only guy who has not watched a match yet? :blink:

:animal_rooster::bleh: <---- Chicken Licken

Ken

Well you have Australia v Brasil in just under 3 hours time.....!

Well you have Australia v Brasil in just under 3 hours time.....!

Aye, it's a 2am kick-off here on the east coast. I think that's about, ooh, mid-afternoon over in WA (helpfully, in both Australia and America, WA is in the same place :lol: )

Me and my wife were wondering how many people are going to stay up until 4am - we think it will bring quite a lot of 'water cooler kudos' for those that walk in shattered tomorrow, so we think quite a lot (if they have an office water cooler - or should be kettle, it's winter here).

Fingers crossed the Japan draw continues...

Japan - Croatia drew, so whatever happens Australia are in the top 2 tonight. A win against Croatia secures qualification.

See the Bombers fly up, up to win the premiership flag :1a:

Ok maybe not this year :black_eye:

Aye, it's not looking so great this year! :lol:

I must confess a soft spot for Essendon, for a few good reasons:

1. I could never like a team called the 'Swans'. I consider that a Victorian joke; no wonder they had no support down in VIC. 'Bombers' - how cool is that in comparison?

2. They're not Carlton or Collingwood :yuk:

3. I have family in Essendon - my Dad's uncle and cousins moved there in the 1950's. They're still there. (Well the uncle is planted there, but you know what I mean!)

The problem I have with AFL has always been the TV coverage - I can barely stomach it. I didn't mind it when it was on Seven, but Nine and Collingwood Eddie as commentator - too much for me. (Not keen on the man - and now he's moved to Sydney :rolleyes: )