When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM183 strap advice requested

Timepiece

I am considering a PAM183. My good friend RAVAGE has a DSN with chocolate brown leather strap/white stitching.

Now I just bought some new shoes and belt to go with a sharp dressy Italian suit.

The colour can best be described as cherry wood or dark honey.

Displayed with a colour reference card and on top of my cherry wood furniture.

IMG_4718.jpg

In comparsion with the actual honey ;)

IMG_4715.jpg

Please advise me on a nice 26/24 strap.

BTW: I liked Victorias pictorial on the so called Jules Verne, but it might be too light.

julesverne253ag6.jpg

THANX !!

BTW: I liked Victorias pictorial on the so called Jules Verne, but it might be too light.

julesverne253ag6.jpg

No, I agree with that! It would be too light. :)

For the 183, I prefer the russet or dark burgundy colours, with gold thread. The dial POPS like you have no idea.

These are currently on the Risti Accessories Corner. Zeugma for $140.

22.jpg

And I think this Strapmasters burgundy Sharky would be awesome. $85.

IMG_1659.jpg

Let me know what you think. I myself used an OF Mario Paci, coloured like deep Chianti for it. Waterproof Cognac, it was called. It's sadly discontinued.

294531-3172.jpg

My advice would be a Simona strap vintage tan 26/26mm.

Thats the one I use on my 183 and they match perfectly.

BTW - Victoria, what a lovely hand you have... The 183 also looks great despite I do not like the majority of Paci straps...

Thanks, Marco! I'll take any compliment you can lob at my hands. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

To illustrate your choice, here is a Simona Vintage Tan, below my LATEST PURCHASE! The Simona Anticata (I finally got it! EDIT: Not my photos. I meant, it's on its way).

simtans001.jpg

Great choice.

@Madasboot: Wow. Handsome guy, and great dress sense! Oh, and perfect strap too. ;)

Here is mine if it helps.

Picture is not so great but then I do not own digital cameras...

The strap is a Simona vintage tan.

BTW : great choice of straps Victoria! These can compensate the scare you gave me with the Delaurian just the other day...

Best,

Marco

post-411-1205093537_thumb.jpg

No, I agree with that! It would be too light. :)

For the 183, I prefer the russet or dark burgundy colours, with gold thread. The dial POPS like you have no idea.

Let me know what you think. I myself used an OF Mario Paci, coloured like deep Chianti for it. Waterproof Cognac, it was called. It's sadly discontinued.

Thanks Victoria!

I do agree that the darker colours do the dial more good.

Like I said, I have seen RAVAGES' 183 on a OEM honey croc/gator and on a 26/22 chocolate TWB with white stichting.

On that dark TWB the 183 looks great!

Maybe I should not go for the match but go for the contrast and look-up the burgundy with gold threat.

That one actually would also look great on a goldplated 231 (that was presented so well recently that you want to have it too...) !!

I think the dial would not pop but BURST !!!

...I could not find a 27/22 yet, but will gooogle on some more...

I think 27x22 straps look more elegant on Radiomir's. If you are looking for elagent strap to wear with a suit go with the 27X22, not the beefy 26x26 straps.

Ah, I wonder how Victoria's 183 looks on this recently purchased 27/22 of hers ?!

Victoria, do you have pics?

PAMstrap_V.jpg

Ah, I wonder how Victoria's 183 looks on this recently purchased 27/22 of hers ?!

You read my (future) mind!

Thing is, TWP has my 183 and 190. Moment I receive them back, my OEM Red Gator will be on the 183. Stay tuned! :)

(Zeugmas are FANTASTIC. Did you choose English to browse the site?)

EDIT: Found one of my Zeugmas, very close in colour to the one you chose.

zeugmabeachfv7.jpg

For the 190, I'm thinking this Zeugma blackie will be off the chain.

fiddyzeugma187mt5.jpg

I would go for a 27/22 strap on it.

Personally i want the space between the lugs filled with strap.

On a 183 the colour should be brown or red/brown

IMG_2077.jpg

On a 323 with golden hands you should use a Savage Camel (27/26) to my opinion.

IMG_1991.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

Don't have my 183/190 back yet, but I found the pics you wanted of the strap, Timepiece! :)

This is a gen 190, on the OEM matte red honey gator. PURRFECT, like Cats said. :D

183redcroc2ei5.jpg

183redcroc1pe0.jpg

183redcroc3dz4.jpg

Closeup of my OEM on the DSN 232:

oembrowngator1wt4.jpg

@Dluddy: I like the black shell cordovan one! I'll try it on the Europelli I have. Thanks!

Victoria, are there any aftermarket gators or crocs close to this oem in color and feeling? :

I wrote this above:

@Mil_Sub: Hope you read my reply here. Trying to keep my posting down for tonight!

Basically, the OEM honey red gator is unique. I think V would know better, but I have yet to find a really good mimic of this strap. I will research and let you know, though. :)

--

Okay, I researched. :)

Basically, I could only find SteveToronto's which came closest, the strapmaker known as Molina. Here is an example.

molinaredbmir2.jpg

I have this of his.

molinaredye1.jpg

And his Jules Verne look-a-like is actually VERY SIMILAR to the pricey JV (Molina Nubuck Gator, it's called).

molinanubuckgatorru7.jpg

Go on, ask me how much his Wino Croc above cost me? $30. GIVE-AWAY PRICES!

(love your 190, btw)

If you mean the one above, that's not mine. I don't have dark guy's arm hair! :p

For info on contacting Molina, please PM. I think it's against the rules to give out emails (he doesn't have a site).

• 2 weeks later...

Boy I almost found this topic too late.... Thx Timepiece for the kind words.

Well I am considering another strap for my 183 so this was a great read.

This is the DSN 183 on the BOB honey faux gator in 26/26. It looked nice, great value for money..... but smelly and the honey tan just did not go well with my skin.

183E24.jpg

183E27.jpg

Or at least that's my idea. So I sold it.

In TWB chocolate gator, white stitch in 26/22. Much better.....

UPO18306.jpg

And on the skin as well.....

UPO18303.jpg

Love that OEM strap Vic.... Is that the 27/22 Kollector was selling??? Was looking at that one as well.

So when I get my baby back from a lume job @ Navi's...... I think I'm gonna go OEM...

Cheers

Alex

And on the skin as well.....

Agree. The orange brought out the orangey undertones in your complexion, making it sallow. This brings out the blue hues, so much better.

Love that OEM strap Vic.... Is that the 27/22 Kollector was selling??? Was looking at that one as well.

Alas, no. I bought it full-price on Risti. Really got hosed on that one. :p

My 183 has some lug issues, still, so I can't change the straps (TWP is sending me a new case) similar to the 232. However, I did find some 183/Gator combos online.

radiomir16zv2df1.jpg

radiomir11ee3fz2.jpg

radiomir18lm3vg3.jpg