When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

TeeJay

I've always been a fan of the Terminator movies, and was stoked to hear about the SCC. At first, I thought, "But what about Terminator 3?? Are they going to ignore it, like Highlander II?" Then, it made perfect sense. By changing the past (John's childhood) it changed the future/present (John in his early twenties, as in T3) The simplest of tricks with time-travel, and it gives them complete freedom :) Actors... Okay, it was strange to see someone other than Linda Hamilton as Sarah, but, Lena Headey certainly manages to pull the role off, and steps things back slightly from the harshness of the portrayal in T2. Admin Dekker is great as John, and Summer Glau is awesome as Cameron. The chances of an appearance by Arnie are likely to be slim/non-existant, but would be awesome, as would an appearance (even if just a cameo) by Kristanna Loken.

A must watch for any Terminator fans :thumbsupsmileyanim:

terminator_poster1.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

I watched the pilot last year and was very disappointed. Maybe they've made some good changes in the actual series, but the pilot looked like a typical low budget, poorly written network show.

I wish they had done something like the new Battlestar Galactica series (i.e. written for adults). The pilot felt more in the mould of the Knight Rider remake (i.e. written for kids/teenagers).

BTW, I'm a fan of the first two films, but thought T3 was very poor.

I'd have to agree, the pilot wasn't anything special, but, don't forget, they have to try and introduce everything in one go, and, there's the 'adjustment' of seeing new actors in established roles. Episode II was better, but Episode III was awesome :) I can't wait for series 2 :) I'll make a prediction that Cameron hasn't been destroyed by the carbomb (although her biological covering might have been incinerated) afterall, in the first movie, the T 101 wasn't disabled by the truck exploding, it simply burned off the biological covering. It was then able to continue unimpeded (apart from a wrenched leg)

I mentioned this brilliant series on the television series thread I started :) I think at the time there wasn't much interest in this series, but I like it a lot. I watched the season finale last week :o Very exciting 2-part episode.

I am also a huge fan of the Terminator series, however I don't hold the third one in high regard (its on Channel 5 by the way for UK members :)) When I was young kind all I understood was the amazing action and special effects :lol: However recently I've come to appreciate the storyline of the series. I have to say James Cameron is a genius for thinking of such a story, however it is debated whether or not he thought of the story originally.

I mentioned this brilliant series on the television series thread I started :) I think at the time there wasn't much interest in this series, but I like it a lot. I watched the season finale last week :o Very exciting 2-part episode.

If it's a two-parter, chances are there'll be a season 2 (fingers crossed :lol: )

I am also a huge fan of the Terminator series, however I don't hold the third one in high regard (its on Channel 5 by the way for UK members :))

I liked the third, but wasn't as impressed with it as I was with Judgement Day. I think it would've been better if Cameron had been directing it, but all in all, I quite liked it :)

I have to say James Cameron is a genius for thinking of such a story, however it is debated whether or not he thought of the story originally.

Apparently, he had a nightmare while filming in Rome about a machine coming out of the fire to kill him, and Terminator was the result.

As a point of interest, Summer Glau's character was named after him :)

i watched the first episode and i didnt like it at all.. but i watched a few more and now im really into it. It gets really good near the end of season.

Cameron is hot LOL - ok maybe shes the reason i watch it? haha

i watched the first episode and i didnt like it at all.. but i watched a few more and now im really into it. It gets really good near the end of season.

Cameron is hot LOL - ok maybe shes the reason i watch it? haha

I guess most pilots are a bit shabby, but most series do pick up afterwards :)

She's certainly an incentive :lol:

The season finale aired this past week -- overall I was not impressed with this series (and I like all 3 movies).

Out of curiousity, what didn't you like about it? I felt there were parts of the series (what I've seen so far) which were as good, if not better, than Rise of the Machines.

I think the series isn't bad for network tv. I was a huge fan of the movies, but 3 was pretty terrible from what I remember. I think the show is better than t3, but in all fairness I guess I should go back and watch t3 again to see if I like it. If they come out for a second season I'll watch it. No cool watch sightings from what I remember.

Edited by Sweattdogg

I finally finished watching season 1 (in HD ;) ), it's pretty short without the commercials. I did fall asleep a few times, usually while watching Lena Headey give her signature pained/tough/constipated stare. I guess the main appeal of the original movie was the unique scenario, there really isn't enough intelligent plot left over to draw you into the characters and their plight.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...