When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Yacht-Master II replica supposedly has working count-down chrono

Corgi

What do you think?

It is described as:

"W-3353 AUTOMATIC FOR MAN YACHT-MASTER II GRAY

Count down-10 minutes

Diameter of case:40mm * 13mm / Stainless steel

Movement:

AUTOMATIC

Glass:Mineral glass

Sub dial:

6:00:small seconds

- Bi-directional rotate bezel

- 3D sticker

Please read Watches Q&A page before you place your order:

Q10. How to use stopwatch function

Re:water-resistant / water-proof

"

Photo:

W3353.jpg

W3353-1.jpg

No movement shots have been posted as of yet

Link:

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2274

...say what you want but its a pretty close copy of the original. But what kind of movement would do such a complicated thing? Could this be for real? I'm actually thinking of getting one of these because it is an interesting piece to own. Everyone seems to think that "maybe it is not such a looker, but with such a complex feature, it just cannot be faked!" This might be the perfect innovation in believable Rolexes!

What do you think?

It is described as:

"W-3353 AUTOMATIC FOR MAN YACHT-MASTER II GRAY

Count down-10 minutes

Diameter of case:40mm * 13mm / Stainless steel

Movement:

AUTOMATIC

Glass:Mineral glass

Sub dial:

6:00:small seconds

- Bi-directional rotate bezel

- 3D sticker

Please read Watches Q&A page before you place your order:

Q10. How to use stopwatch function

Re:water-resistant / water-proof

"

Photo:

W3353.jpg

W3353-1.jpg

No movement shots have been posted as of yet

Link:

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=2274

...say what you want but its a pretty close copy of the original. But what kind of movement would do such a complicated thing? Could this be for real? I'm actually thinking of getting one of these because it is an interesting piece to own. Everyone seems to think that "maybe it is not such a looker, but with such a complex feature, it just cannot be faked!" This might be the perfect innovation in believable Rolexes!

I received an email on that and was interested until I realized how flawed the rep still is. The Gen only comes in a white dial on the white gold model and the gen has a 42 mm case. These flaws are just to much for me.

the gen Yacht Master II has 43mm case, it's the biggest Rolex ever

It's the first introduction of Rolex in a complicated movement (well, the chronograph it's an "easy" complication), and they made a 10 minutes alarm...simply amazing

I've hold in my hands the gen yacht-master II in full gold, and I have no words to describe that. Maybe you don't like it but it's an important watch in the Rolex history...

My favorite modern watch is the Rolex Sea-Dweller. I love it for it's simple elegance, even for a rugged work watch. Not even a date mag cyclops. I'm not much into big and bold watches such as the new Grahams...yet, for some strange reason (and maybe I shouldn't admit this for fear of being shunned by this community), I actually LIKE the new Yachty II.

Maybe I should see a therapist to figure out these screwed up thoughts. :huh:

Edited by mjmurphy926

Paul is selling this for $108, so I dunno, can't see it having a complicated movement.

Technically the gen is pretty cool, what it can do, but the lack of finesse in the design is just stunning, how could they come up with something like this?

I can't believe that they released the Yachtmater II. No one ever thought to do some market testing, to see what the response would be like. It's not as though Rolex gen owners or fans like this move by Rolex any more than most of us. If you're going to go more modern, you've got to do it in gradations.

It's the first introduction of Rolex in a complicated movement (well, the chronograph it's an "easy" complication), and they made a 10 minutes alarm...simply amazing

I've hold in my hands the gen yacht-master II in full gold, and I have no words to describe that. Maybe you don't like it but it's an important watch in the Rolex history...

I agree with you 100%. I've stated it before, and I'll state it again. This goes far beyond the aesthetic appeal. My respect for this is in the engineering and development that went into the movement. Ugly or not, it is the movement that does it for me. They finally released a true Yachtmaster that has some function.

I agree with you 100%. I've stated it before, and I'll state it again. This goes far beyond the aesthetic appeal. My respect for this is in the engineering and development that went into the movement. Ugly or not, it is the movement that does it for me. They finally released a true Yachtmaster that has some function.

I agree with you, but imagine how disappointing it is that they totally screwed it up with the appearance of the watch. I could use that function, as I actually race yachts and that would be a dream.

I have pictures in my mind of Mez in his bath tub with little toy boats... NOT PRETTY!!!

:o

You know that MBW watch you bought from me? How's the wrist size working out for you? Every time you look down at your wrist, I want you to realize that the SeaDweller was one of my bath toys too. I called it "the life ring" and it functioned just like a usual life ring that you would see on a boat. Except it didn't save people....well, I guess he mostly saved just one purple-headed fellow, but every time he was getting rescued, he'd always throw up.

Must've been a weak stomach...or maybe it was that it was always slipping off that would agitate his digestion. ;)B)

Happy watch wearing!

I am really in the minority but I like the watch ... the first time I saw it I went WTF has Rolex done, but the white gold version has grown on me. I do not sail and would have no use for the ten minute countdown timer but would buy the rep if it were sized like the gen at 43mm and had a white dial.

Anyway, to get back to the OP's comment, I'm not sure what movement you get from Paul for $118.

This may be the same Yachtmaster II you can get on cqout.com in all variations for $85. Just look for a dealer with lots of good feedback.