When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Breitling Dress Watch...

DuDro

Just wanted to share with everyone my latest addition...

The Breitling SuperOcean SteelFish (a.k.a. SOSF) on a genuine Breitling calf skin strap:

SOSF_Wht_1.JPG

SOSF_Wht_2.JPG

SOSF_Wht_3.JPG

SOSF_Wht_4.JPG

SOSF_Wht_5.JPG

Powered by an Asian 21J automatic movement...This is my first Asian 21J movement and I'm impressed with the feel of it when adjusting the time. The date setting is a bit choppy and the "sweep" seconds is not that smooth, but not bad considering how inexpensive these models are right now.

I believe that the case is the same as my Swiss-powered version which makes this thing even more of a bargain! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I plan on installing a Swiss movement and a sapphire crystal with AR. I also would like to install a better DW. Where is Lello on this project?

Does anyone know how to remove the bezel? I don't think the crystal will clear the rider tabs on the bezel, otherwise I would just push it out from the back.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated...Thanks for looking!

I've read some where that the screws on the SOSF bezel are decorative...Anyone else care to comment on this?

Yah, I read that too somewhere.

I like that white dial version. I have the blue dial Asian version, on leather as well. A weighty watch for the money. Built like a brick shithouse! I much prefer the white dial. Wanna swap??? ;)

I owned the white dial version and like with every rep watch I buy, I dissect it completely and clean the innards, repolish the case and finish the unfinished parts.

I had a hard time trying to remove the bezel when the screws would just turn and not move! They definitely are held in just for decorative purposes.

I attempted to remove the bezel using a homemade "Bezel knife" and that was a no go.

I think that these bezels are pressure-fitted and either alot of might will have to get it out, or a Bergeon bezel remover might do the trick.

I had the Asian 21J version with the white dial and I loved it so much that I decided to sell it and "upgrade" to the Swiss ETA version with AR. It was a big mistake ! The Asian version kept perfect time and everything was tight. The "Swiss" version had a very "rough" movement, the bezel was not smooth and it gained 5 minutes a day - eventually, the crown and stem fell out of the movement !! Both watches came from Silix and I'm waiting for a replacement from Jay. At the end of the day, I should have kept the Asian version - what a great watch (it was !!) :(

The Asian SFSO (from Silix-Prime):

dsc00012bi4.jpg