When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 3717 Project

HauteHippie

Step 1: Chieftang Double AR - CHECK

Step 2: The Zigmeister Superlume (and marker thinning if possible) - PENDING

Step 3: ETA 7750 swap (The Zigmeister to perform) - PENDING

Just a quick and dirty photo after reinstalling the crystal when it returned from the AR Lab. No light diffuser being used. There is a lit dining room chandelier overhead at 11 o'clock and a window with the shutters open at 2 o'clock.

_MG_6823pr.jpg

And here's a good reason to at least do the ETA day and date wheel swap, even if you don't do the full movement swap (100% crop) :

ddw.jpg

Ewwwe!!

:p

Chief

And here's a good reason to at least do the ETA day and date wheel swap, even if you don't do the full movement swap (100% crop) :

ddw.jpg

Great watch...and the AR of course is bomber.

Your 6-o-clock marker looks a bit crooked though...or is that just my crooked head?

Is the date wheel bad printing that obvious when not magnified 20x?? I plan on getting The Zigmeister to do the swap on mine, as the cost is not much when you're paying for the movement servicing, but I'm wondering if it makes that much of difference. I'm doing it more to correct the alignment issues.

Great watch...and the AR of course is bomber.

Your 6-o-clock marker looks a bit crooked though...or is that just my crooked head?

Is the date wheel bad printing that obvious when not magnified 20x?? I plan on getting The Zigmeister to do the swap on mine, as the cost is not much when you're paying for the movement servicing, but I'm wondering if it makes that much of difference. I'm doing it more to correct the alignment issues.

No, not nearly as bad at 1x. The font is wrong though, as you probably know.

Yea, my 6 o'clock marker is crooked, and I've asked The Zigmeister to fix that if he can.

3,6,9,12 markers (and the dots around the triangle I think - maybe not), and the white luminous hands and subdial hands.

I have had mine back from Ziggy a couple of months now. He re-lume the hands and the indexes @ 12, 3, 6 and 9. The dots around the triangular 12 marker were not done. I am almost certain that this is true to the genuine article.

I have had mine back from The Zigmeister a couple of months now. He re-lume the hands and the indexes @ 12, 3, 6 and 9. The dots around the triangular 12 marker were not done. I am almost certain that this is true to the genuine article.

Thanks, B! Good to know. I didn't give The Zigmeister specific instructions on what to lume other than "dial and hands". I know he'll get it done correctly.

Chief, is that a slow-beat 3717 you got there?

I ask because I have a hi-beat 28,800bpm and I can get hold of a Val 7750 and would be thinking of a swap, but I have also heard issues with doing this on between a hi-beat A7750.

Is this possible or would I have to go to a dealer and get the older lo-beat hands/dials? (I assume the case is the same?)

Chief, is that a slow-beat 3717 you got there?

I ask because I have a hi-beat 28,800bpm and I can get hold of a Val 7750 and would be thinking of a swap, but I have also heard issues with doing this on between a hi-beat A7750.

Is this possible or would I have to go to a dealer and get the older lo-beat hands/dials? (I assume the case is the same?)

Hey jks, mine is a high beat. There is a mismatch between the ETA posts and the subdial hand hole sizes, but The Zigmeister has a clever workaround that makes everything fit nicely.

This is a watch I really like, so I plan to keep it for some time. The small incremental cost of the ETA (compared to having the A7750 serviced) was a no brainer.

No, not nearly as bad at 1x. The font is wrong though, as you probably know.

Yea, my 6 o'clock marker is crooked, and I've asked The Zigmeister to fix that if he can.

Chief, why do you think the font is so wrong? Check this link to Blowers

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/pilots_chronograph.htm

I think the font looks pretty much the same. I have this rep, and already

changed the movement to the decorated ETA 7750, and got the AR done,

looks/works fantastic. The only thing left, I think, is to thinner the markers,

and relume them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been notified that the swap to ETA 7750 is complete, along with dial relume and that this beauty is heading back from Canada as I type. The Zigmeister removed the 3,6,9,12 markers and relumed the area where they were mounted. After flattening out the top of the applied lume, he says the new markers are about 1/2 the thickness of the original rep markers.... Perfect!!! Can't wait to see this!

I've been notified that the swap to ETA 7750 is complete, along with dial relume and that this beauty is heading back from Canada as I type. The Zigmeister removed the 3,6,9,12 markers and relumed the area where they were mounted. After flattening out the top of the applied lume, he says the new markers are about 1/2 the thickness of the original rep markers.... Perfect!!! Can't wait to see this!
Oooo.. nice, I'll be waiting for this! :p

Chief, why do you think the font is so wrong? Check this link to Blowers

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/pilots_chronograph.htm

I think the font looks pretty much the same. I have this rep, and already

changed the movement to the decorated ETA 7750, and got the AR done,

looks/works fantastic. The only thing left, I think, is to thinner the markers,

and relume them.

It's bolder in the gen. I've done the swap on mine and it makes a difference.