When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new and the old ... dwellers that is :)

lazarini

Sooo ...

what i have here on my desk is a fully modded 1665 mbw with a looooong laundry list of mods (Cg mod, gen pear and insert, relumed dial and hands , ubi DW ,gen tropic 39, gen 585 ends, gen tube - crown combo , repolished case , drilled lug holes with gen springbars and an slow beat eta movement ... the works ) ... and the SSD with moded CGs and a gen insert pearl combo.

I just wanted to give u a comparative shoot out on the both pieces ... for ure view pleasure :)

THE SSD :

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

THE MBW 1665:

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

TOGETHER :

DSC00652-1.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

LUME :

DSC00661.jpg

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ... MARADONA SHOOT B)

DSC00640.jpg

Regards Laz

Awesome Laz, the SSD looks impressive. I've read some of the mixed reviews about it, but I think the modded pieces look nice. Do you like one over the other? It's kinda a rhetorical question I guess, but the SSD looks so nice that I figured it might be pretty close.

Damn, when you mentioned those 585 endlinks, I did a sharp inhalation. I've been seeing some ridiculous prices. What's interesting is that there'd been debate about the prices of t-39 superdomes, some saying that they've been going for absurd amounts, some saying they're within the more recent historical price range. I'd said that they were still available for cheaper, but it looks to me like there are people buying/selling them for both amounts. Strange, this rolex market is.

I'm still anxiously waiting to see if my 7836 bracelet is going to show up and be genuine.

Love the SSD jsut got the newest version with beefier bezel and better bracelet. Out of the box I was really stunned by accuracy and quality!!! Especially as someone who owns four newer Genuine Rolexes. It sits proudly in my winder next to my Gen LV Kermie!!!! I am torn as to weather I should have it lumed or leave it alone as the Lume is actually pretty good, not Rolex good but glows pretty brightly. The Lume on the Gen isn't blowtorch bright anyway. Not the best photographer but here is a pic of my SSD with my Gen LV.

post-9972-1205799485_thumb.jpg

Thx to all of you for kind comments and observations.

@ mezz ... now regardin the bracelet im pretty happy with the way things are the only thing what i would upgrade on it is swap the clasp and divers extension with the genuine item ... but that said when i was looking around prices are ridiculous all do will keep my eye open on that item in future ;)

@ crick ... the vintage in terms of size dont give up nothing to the modern in some aspects 1665 looks even beefier visually due to the t39 ...

@ stephane my friend ... yep as u probably remember this was an DRSD there fore the case back is a DRSD one ... i was trying PASO way back for the correct one but he did not come back to me on that one ... as time passed i realized that i prefer the look of the DRSD back then the GW one even do if its not completely correct ... we will see.

@ ALL ... to answer the "wich one i prefer question" let me put it this way SSD is an expendable product for me all do a nice watch in any aspect has no way to measure to my 1665 GW that me and T were buildin for 4 months ... i feel like its my baby or something same goes for the 1680 white sub :wub:

The only way i would consider moving the 2 is if i would buy a gen and even that i would probably share a tear or 2 ... thats how much i love my vintage duo :)

Regards Laz

Great couple Laz,

and fantastic job on that 1665. I love this watch, I have an MBW Double red I started vintagising/modifying with Frank's help ...The thing I love most in your watch is the Ubi wheel. I can't sleep with my DRSD thin date. Do you know if this wheel is still possible to find somewhere?

Congrats, friend, the SSD is awesome but your 1665 sucks!!!!! :D

Can someone tell me what is so bad about the 1665 MBW bracelet? I am looking at the pictures above and I fail to see any difference in that vs. the rep bracelet that came with my TTK MBW GWSD. My bracelet is hollow mid link with excellent fit and finish and the end links look just like the above. So whats the difference?

Nice work on both watches. I agree about the bracelet (get a gen or at least replace the clasp with a gen clasp) & would also recommend that you consider installing a working He valve since the existing etching in the side of the case is a dead giveaway.

@freddy333

What is the most one should pay for a 93150 bracelet clasp before it becomes ridiculous?