When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bezel parts

P4GTR

I popped the bezel off of my 16610 classic ETA sub from josh. The little spring loaded metal nub that the bezel ratchets against is gone. Its the little metal piece that sits in the hole in the case, atop the spring, under the bezel.

Im an idiot. Anyone have an extra? Anyone know where to source a replacement?

you mean this?

I'm sure he's also selling only 1 piece, I bought it a few time ago

I dont think its a click spring like the one in your link....its a small piece of metal that sits on top of a spring....it nestles inside a hole in the case at the 12:00 position underneath the bezel....when you take the bezel off it is easy to loose because the spring is loaded and it shoots out into the air....thats probably how he lost it....I need one for my yachtmaster and I cant find one either....

Edited by Nightstroker

I dont think its a click spring like the one in your link....its a small piece of metal that sits on top of a spring....it nestles inside a hole in the case at the 12:00 position underneath the bezel....when you take the bezel off it is easy to loose because the spring is loaded and it shoots out into the air....thats probably how he lost it....I need one for my yachtmaster and I cant find one either....

exactly. Although, my hole was around 8:00. Doubt it matters. Especially now. :mellow:

Maybe I will have these tiny bits of metal fabricated and sell them here and become a millionare. :1a:

...I hope josh has one.

Ok, onto the bribery then.

I have a noobmariner dial, datewheel, and mag for anyone that can source me this tiny little pain in the arse piece.

I have an idea to try and MacGyver a replacement. If successful i'll share the trick.

Ok, onto the bribery then.

I have a noobmariner dial, datewheel, and mag for anyone that can source me this tiny little pain in the arse piece.

I have an idea to try and MacGyver a replacement. If successful i'll share the trick.

Ok..........I will stick my neck out here.

Yes , I have seen the part you refer to, and nearly lost mine when trying to tighten the bezel up.

Only I read the post when pugwash said, " take the bezel off, with the watch in a glass or plastic bowl",

so as you dont loose the spring and the steel pellet".

I have a Shaublin 70 lathe, and can and will make up a small no. of these parts, for you , in steel .

I am assuming they are all the same size??????

I will measure mine and post the sizes.

Please give me some indication of how many are needed, and please, don`t someone say 1000, ++

I said a lathe , not a turret lathe.

Still waiting for someone to get back to me here.

My sub. has this arrangement, steel pellet sits on top of the spring, in a hole approx. 0.80" dia.

The actual sizes are not critical, one end of the pellet sits in the spring, the other end acts as the click on the bezel.

When the click end becomes worn, just reverse it , into the spring.

CIMG1404.jpg

CIMG1406.jpg

Wow. you are very kind. I am pressed for time to reply while at work right now, sorry I have not gotten back sooner, I was not on the boards the past day or so.

That is the part I need, and honestly, I just need one, maybe an extra for spare? is this doable?

so, in short, yes! :D I can use one if you can make it, and thank you very much for offering to save an otherwise perfectly fine watch! :D

Wow. you are very kind. I am pressed for time to reply while at work right now, sorry I have not gotten back sooner, I was not on the boards the past day or so.

That is the part I need, and honestly, I just need one, maybe an extra for spare? is this doable?

so, in short, yes! :D I can use one if you can make it, and thank you very much for offering to save an otherwise perfectly fine watch! :D

OK, they are done.

A "Baker`s Dozen", will be in the post on Monday, as soon as I have your address. ( PM me ).

I have included 7 coil springs, ( usually these don`t get lost, as they stay in the hole.)

Could you please contact Sir-Lancelot, as he needs a couple, and send them to him from your end.

Just giving something back here.

Cheers Rod. ;)

OK, they are done.

A "Baker`s Dozen", will be in the post on Monday, as soon as I have your address. ( PM me ).

I have included 7 coil springs, ( usually these don`t get lost, as they stay in the hole.)

Could you please contact Sir-Lancelot, as he needs a couple, and send them to him from your end.

Just giving something back here.

Cheers Rod. ;)

Wow Rod, unbelievable. This forum never ceases to amaze me. I've seen so many random acts of kindness it just puts me at a loss for words. You are the man! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sir L, PM me your address, i'll get some your way.

PM'd

Dang, I don't know what to say, except thank you. I hope one day I can return the favor. Rod is there anything you are looking for in return?

Wow Rod, unbelievable. This forum never ceases to amaze me. I've seen so many random acts of kindness it just puts me at a loss for words. You are the man! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sir L, PM me your address, i'll get some your way.

PM'd

Dang, I don't know what to say, except thank you. I hope one day I can return the favor. Rod is there anything you are looking for in return?

You got it in one,

the appreciation, the thanks, the return offer.

Nothing else needed.

Cheers Guys. :D

I am happy to report the parts arrived safe and sound and my sub is fixed!

I had my spring left so I used it, in combination with the replacement pellet from Rod. 120 clicks, enough said!

Its no tighter then it was before, even after improving the tension of the spring. I now believe this is due to the way the teeth are shaped on the underbezel. I tried one of the springs Rod sent but it was a little too thick for the hole. That could be easily corrected, but since I had a working spring I didn't fiddle with it. Also, there were a variety of springs in the bag, most likely if I had chose another, it would've fit just fine, but I needn't bother. The workmanship of the pellet is excellent as well.

Rod, you are a true gentleman sir! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sir-L, since tomorrow is Sunday, the parts will go out to you with Mondays mail.

If anyone needs a replacement, theres leftovers. Thanks again Rod :good:

Glad to hear that the parts made it ok.

They are quite small and easy to loose.

I think that if you wan`t the bezel tighter , the hexagonal shaped spring that sits in the recess,

just needs a bit of adjustment, and tweaking.

Glad to be able to help.

I agree with Rod. Pull the spring and make it longer, that shoudl tighten it up.

Thanks again. Now the bezel on my homage sub will click again.

Rod, you da man and I wont forget your kindness.

Not the tiny coiled spring, ( this just puts pressure on the click ).

I mean the full hexagonal spring that sits in the recess below the machined ratchet teeth on the bezel.

Bend this inwards on all the flat lengths and this in turn puts more pressure on the watch body, making it

harder to turn.

CIMG1404.jpg

Hey Rod-

just saw this thread for the first time... It's possible that a 1/16 inch ball from a ball bearing would work in this application. I did this several years ago on a Seiko dive watch that used a similar setup- don't remember the exact details, but I took apart a ball bearing from a junk aircraft gyro of some sort- I got lots of that kinda stuff- chose one which had balls that pretty well matched the hole for the spring, and it worked fine.

Nice job on the lathe, by the way!

I think that if you wan`t the bezel tighter , the hexagonal shaped spring that sits in the recess,

just needs a bit of adjustment, and tweaking.

Glad to be able to help.

Sir-Lancelot, I did tighten the spring that drives the pellet. It doesnt tighten the rotation of the bezel, it still spins very easily, he's talking about the hex spring that lines the inside of the bezel itself.

Rod, I guess in few words, tweak the hex spring how? If I overlooked this in a search, do forgive! :g: