When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's Beginner Sub $78 vs "Newbie" Edition $98

daytona1980

what's the difference between them???

both look same,both have a crappy asian movement...

seems there are only small differences here and there...do you think they worth the extra $20???

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=1700

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2615

The Newbie is wokky....I'd rather have the Beginner! ;)

78$ is the answer to the question: Who has the best SUB. ;)

Amazing how the reflex isn't yet the NoobMariner from TTK or Narika.

Well TTK isn't here anymore :o

Guys, come on, for 100$ you can get one of the best out the box sub available from Narika, THE NoobMariner.

Just my 2 subs :lol:

Amazing how the reflex isn't yet the NoobMariner from TTK or Narika.

Well TTK isn't here anymore :o

Guys, come on, for 100$ you can get one of the best out the box sub available from Narika, THE NoobMariner.

Just my 2 subs :lol:

how can I contact her?

Edited by daytona1980

how can I contact her?

Hmmm, it's HIM not her :)

In the collector section, but I'm not too sure if you have access to that section.

Maybe you should become supporter to access it.

In the meantime, here is what I wrote when I got mine from TTK (exact same one as Narika's one):

Rolex Submariner 16610: The NoobMariner

Hmmm, it's HIM not her :)

In the collector section, but I'm not too sure if you have access to that section.

Maybe you should become supporter to access it.

In the meantime, here is what I wrote when I got mine from TTK (exact same one as Narika's one):

Rolex Submariner 16610: The NoobMariner

thanx for the info :)

btw i already have the josh's begin mariner and i'm very happy with that...I also read your amazing review 2 weeks ago, but honestly speaking,when I try to compare the one I purchased with the ttk's pics i really cannot see any difference...

that's why i would like to buy one from narika.it only remains me to compare them "on live"

btw i already have the josh's begin mariner and i'm very happy with that...I also read your amazing review 2 weeks ago, but honestly speaking,when I try to compare the one I purchased with the ttk's pics i really cannot see any difference...

that's why i would like to buy one from narika.it only remains me to compare them "on live"

Wow, good luck!

I've been after all of them almost and at the end of the day I prefer the SeaDweller now

Go figure :lol:

Wow, good luck!

I've been after all of them almost and at the end of the day I prefer the SeaDweller now

Go figure :lol:

i have just been in the collector's area...but i couldn't find the legendary noob in the list...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=63

anyway i decided to don't buy from him...i like to pay only through credit card(fast and easy),which it is not mentioned...

other payment systems are a pain in the ass(at least for me)...

Because its the same watch... ;)

There are some small differences between the Beginmariner and TTK's/Narika's noob- like the movement is a different asian 21j, sometimes the date font on the beginmariner was thicker, but basicaly they are the same- same case, same dial, same bracelet. I would suspect Trusty's is about the same as Josh's- some people suspect them of being in cahoots anyway. All of these guys have access to the same factories over in China for the most part.

The difference is the sellers ability to QC each watch before they are sent. From what I have read a good % of these watches have QC issues from the factory. The better dealers will QC each watch before they are shipped. I would urge everyone who is looking for a top quality Sub to look at the BK Mariner. He examines and mods everything before they are shipped so the odds of getting a lemon are very low. Get a fully modded Bk mariner with swiss ETA movement and you will have a masterpiece for decades that just about no one will be able to tell from a gen. If I had to do it all over again this is where I would start.

I got a $78 from Andrew and was victim to the QC issues. Crystal was crooked so cyclops was off, etched crown was off.

Movement had date issues (stuck on 13-14-15-16-17 transitions, required many turns to advance 1 day, etc.), and the minute hand just came loose too. Now I can not even change the date using the crown.

Bracelet and case were excellent though, and otherwise, it's a great watch.

Andrew is taking care of it, and his service is good.

EDIT: I forgot to say that someone who got a black Sub from TTK had a similar crystal misalignment, and even an identical scratch on an otherwise hidden part of the bracelet, leading me to think that the "noobfactory" is pumping out a lower-qual batch of noobmariners now. I'm pretty sure the 98's are the same as the 78's are the same as Josh's 108's. Someone who got a noob Yachtmaster had the same crystal issue as well.

NOOBFACTORY COME ON!

Edited by GloStiX

Hi Guys, I got the noobs, fully inspected same as TTK and Narikaa (as I'm in thailand too) I got them also with Swiss ETA movement.

See my listing; and yes CQ is a big issue (if handled 100 upon 100 of these Noobs / other replica's mainly high-end), far bigger than many might think (you just don't hear about it so often because ppl don't openly post coz they want to get it resolved).

They are fully inspected, so no crooked date window, silicon greased...... etc etc

More pics in my section.... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=69733

web_DSC07194.jpg

web_rlx-noobmariner-sale-724.jpg

web_DSC07174.jpg

web_DSC07188.jpg

web_DSC07179.jpg

WRONG ONE;;;

eurotimez-quality-control.png

You can contact me for futher details.

Kind regards

Chris

I got a $78 from Andrew and was victim to the QC issues. Crystal was crooked so cyclops was off, etched crown was off.

Movement had date issues (stuck on 13-14-15-16-17 transitions, required many turns to advance 1 day, etc.), and the minute hand just came loose too. Now I can not even change the date using the crown.

Bracelet and case were excellent though, and otherwise, it's a great watch.

Andrew is taking care of it, and his service is good.

EDIT: I forgot to say that someone who got a black Sub from TTK had a similar crystal misalignment, and even an identical scratch on an otherwise hidden part of the bracelet, leading me to think that the "noobfactory" is pumping out a lower-qual batch of noobmariners now. I'm pretty sure the 98's are the same as the 78's are the same as Josh's 108's. Someone who got a noob Yachtmaster had the same crystal issue as well.

NOOBFACTORY COME ON!

Edited by EuroTimez

I like what you're doing with the QC EuroTimez, but thankfully I did get it resolved with my dealer before I posted.

But the factory should be QC'ing these in the first place. :(

There are plenty of low-end watchmakers that make $20-200 watches which will last years. Why can't a rep factory even come close?