When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Strap Changers Should Consider Picking One Up

Watchmeister

For those who are tired of scraping their lugs on Panerai's and don't have a gen screwdriver this is a must have. It actually slots into the screw so their is no slippage. I can't attest to the quality of this particular item but the price is right and I bought it as a travel tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=005

My pleasure. I am traveling at the moment and did the inevitable yesterday when I left the PAM screwdriver at home and had a standard Bergeon with me. Never again. And on my current favorite. :bangin:

After deeply scratching the lugs on my very first strap change, this one was a must. I just bought one too. Thanks for the tip.

Vd

Couldn't agree more.. screws are long gone from my gen 112 :)

If you are stuck using a regular screwdriver you can also put a small piece of scotch tape over the screw/lug. It will prevent scratching in the immediate area around the screw and the screwdriver pops right through the tape to the head of the screw. Easy cleanup as well.

Poor man's simple solution, but useful.

Thanks for sharing, just picked one up for my PVD cases as I fear the scratch!

-jds

For those who are tired of scraping their lugs on Panerai's and don't have a gen screwdriver this is a must have. It actually slots into the screw so their is no slippage. I can't attest to the quality of this particular item but the price is right and I bought it as a travel tool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=005