When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maylasian Gran Prix Interviews

Tjabo

Raikkonen was wearing a TAG, because he's under a contract with them. I've seen him wearing the Formula model, but the one he had on today had the Aquaracer bracelet.

Maybe it was some kind of new model? But it was a TAG without a doubt. Strange, because TAG has always been so closely connected with McLaren.

Schumacher, Kimi's predecessor was under the contract with Omega.

Kovalainen wore a TAG F1. Dunno about Kubica.

How do I know? I've always been both watch & racing geek. :D

PS: Brilliant race from the Iceman today. Enjoyed every minute of it... although the British homer ITV commentators saw nothing but Hamilton out there. :)

By-tor, you beat me to it!

What i thought was most interesting tho was that im sure i saw members of the ferrari crew wearing Panerais. Infact one of the female members stuck out the most because it looked huge on her wrist (and from the quick glance i got she looked quite cute).

Kimi: TAG Heuer Grand Carrera

Robert: Certina DS Action

Heikki: TAG Heuer F1

..who's the geek now then?!!

I didn't see what Blundell was wearing, but in the past I noticed he had a Bentley 6.75...

Edited by Importr

You mean Robert was wearing quartz?!?!? He seems more raw than that. . .

I've got to say that the new TAG looks pretty good on TV. I liked it better than I have in pictures. Think a GOOD rep will be forthcoming?

I'm a little concerned that it might be a bit elaborate for a really good rep. My best reps have been the simplest watches, but I recognize that others have had luck even with Asia 7750s, where I on the other hand have not. But that's another thread! Hah hah. . .

They do. They use a standard driver that has to last 2 race distances, or they lose 10 grid positions.

:rofl:

Really though, between unchecked engine braking trying to spin the cars entering the corners, unchecked horsepower trying to spin the cars exiting the corners, and front suspensions and brake discs that just spontaneously disintegrate, they really do seem to be using drivers more this year than last! :D

Yeah By-Tor, a beautiful race by Kimi. I just wish he wasn't at Ferrari, because he is the polar opposite of their cry-baby, "pot calling the kettle black" mentality. :rolleyes: Where are Ross Brawn and Michael Schu when you need them? B)

Anyway, I realize after I wrote that passage that there are probably more vehement Ferrari fans across the globe than any other team has, so I apologize if it was too inflamatory! It's just racing chatter, I swear! ! ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks!

Looks like it may be a good season this year.

Kimi was only so far out the front because he did not have the safety cars to bunch them all up as Hamilton did the weekend before. As far as I remember Kimi did not do one overtake. But hay its not the greatest of tracks, its a new track designed for TV. One good race and one procession so far... lets see how it goes... 18 races in all.

Too much product placement for me, you see the drivers after the race put on the watch, the cap, the jacket so that their sponsers get on TV, not like the old days... get out of the car and get a pat on the back and a fag off the mechanics.

Money ruins everything, but hay it makes better road cars for the likes of us!!!

Just my $0.02