When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Dealer Carries The Most Accurate Vintage Military Submariner?

purspeed

Wanting instant gratification again I see, purspeed ;):p ?

You could always....gasp...shock...horror.....use the 'search' function???

No? Too much effort? OK then, check out PT (Precious Time) and his 5517 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Why think when I can have you smart folks do the thinking for me. In America, we like to outsource everything, including the thought process. :)

So...

There are no decent 5517's around... They all have the wrong dial, wrong hands, wrong caseback, etc. etc.

Best thing to do is make one. Take one MBW 1680 and add the following:

-5517 dial with proper T marking

-Yao custom MOD sword hands

-T-19 Superdome

-Genuine 5517 bezel insert

-Pre-o ring'd Triplock crown and tube

-Custom engraving on the caseback

-Fit 316 SS bars to the lugs, solder over and polish

-Replace the 2836 with a 2846

Add some wear and patina to the case, polish out and repeat for that aged worn look. Follow up with a nice G10 to finish the look.

Voila. A nice 5517 :)

Ubiq: That is really useful information. I actually printed out and will consider it a future project. Thanks :).

@ Marricvilleboy: Don't approach me like you know me.

You don't know the research that I am doing before I post. And the best way to learn is to ask. If you don't wish to answer or don't have an answer, then don't.

Don't make this board an uncomfortable place for people, especially the noobs.

You don't know the research that I am doing before I post. And the best way to learn is to ask. If you don't wish to answer or don't have an answer, then don't.

LOL!

allow me to quote you

Why think when I can have you smart folks do the thinking for me. In America, we like to outsource everything, including the thought process.

and you doing alot of research? well if you did, you would know how to remove a crown cos there are alot of topics that cover basic removal of movements from case.

Btw, how do you remove the crown?

and if you actually looked at dealers websites and listings you can see that they are the exact same model from the same factory.

So if i were you, i'll read alot more. And for your information, i dont make new users uncomfortable, i just don't like new users who don't use the search function, by the way, i think dablackrock already hinted it to you, but you didn't pick up, but let me give you a polite reminder to please use the search function.

Don't approach me like you know me.

:bangin:

That sort of crap really cracks me up. What people know of you is what you present to them, so if you want to be treated differently start acting differently.

Tell me, do you still call for your mama to wipe your [censored] after taking a dump?

Why think when I can have you smart folks do the thinking for me. In America, we like to outsource everything, including the thought process. :)

No doubt, it shows ;):bleh:

With views like that, I think there's a perfect job for you soon to be vacant, comes with a big white residence, a regiment of [censored]-kissers, and all the interns you can sexually harrass :rolleyes::whistling:

The engraving is easy to fix. Just add the necessary lines to complete the words (e.g. POLEX to ROLEX). Since the case is stamped as a 5513, it's almost even better, since there have been some documented cases that started as a 5513, and were converted by the MOD to 5517 spec...

Ubiq: That is really useful information. I actually printed out and will consider it a future project. Thanks :).

Questions that fall below an arbitrary line of infered thought push some major buttons in some around here. I just don't understand it but I'm a little tired of being put off by it