When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA or not ETA in my new Day Date....

Nightstroker

Looks like the asian clone ETA movement. With the rising prices of REAL ETA movements I am sure we will be seeing this more often.

Not happy with this movement at all.....expected Swiss from Ruby....

I went to Jules Borel today....they want $125.00 for the ETA now....

I guess if you want the real deal Swiss ETA these days you have to buy it and install it yourself.... :angry:

I have a bunch of watches with 2836 movements in em and I think only one of them is Swiss....although all of them were advertised as Swiss....

Who can you trust....?

Night...Take it up with Ruby as she will replace this if she advertised it as swiss ETA.

She is a good dealer and will do you right.

Yes....I thought about that....then I have to pay for the shipping....and wait for the watch to be sent back....too much of a pain....when I get a little extra dough together I will just buy one from Jules Borel and install it myself....

Well it does look like there is something stamped under the balance wheel, can you post a clearer close up. I think I may be able to discern the letters SW which might make it a Sellita movement (Swiss) which is no bad thing.

Im working with a Sony Cybershot....not the best camera for the job....I cant seem to get any clearer or closer....

Under the balance wheel is 2836-2.....and engraved to the right of that where the ETA logo should be is....AR 2146 DM

Cant find SW anywhere....

Isnt DM the initials of a movement factory in China?

Just thought I could make out SW but the picture isn't clear enough to be able to tell for sure. I have a Sellita SW 200 in my UPO and having compared it with your movement I don't think that's what you have, yours is missing the regulator screw. I guess your first instinct was correct, looks like a clone.

That looks like an ETA to me, the Sellita is marked at "SW200" there is no 2824 or whatever.

DM is correct for an ETA, it stands for "Date" "Manufacture".

There should be the ETA logo stamped under the balance to the right of the DM.

RG

I hope you are right....but I have not seen an ETA without a regulator screw....especially a 2836-2....and there is no ETA logo in sight....