When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 feedback to others

Mike1718

I have received my first replica an IWC 3717 with steel bracelet and an Asian 7750 movement.

My impressions (I have never owned an original so...):

* It is really nice and it gives s solid impression. Heavy.

* It keeps the time, maybe + 1 min /day.

* The twelvemarker and 3-marker are not perfect but almost. This can be a problem with this model. Compare my photo,

These 4 markers (12-3-6-9) seem to be glued manually to the dial.

* It is watertight. Anyway I can shower and take a bath with it.

* The chrono is not OK with this A7750. This happened almost immediately to me.

It sometimes fails to reset. So my conclusion is: If you intend to use the chrono don't buy it with an A7750; I will avoid it.

post-11302-1206470793_thumb.jpg

My dials are all off, but the 6 is bent so far to the left that everyone picks up on it.

I have emailed Josh and he told me to send some photos for him to see. I had decided to try and get a replacement dial or watch but I thought the hassle wasn't worth it, especially since I'm getting it relume and the dials will have to come off anyway.

However, this is not the first time I have heard QC issues relating to the 3, 6, 9 and 12 markers. This appears one of the over ridding faults on an otherwise excellent watch.

Yaron: Excellent piece. I will kill for that QC.

I love this watch and have ordered it a few times, returned a few times and sold to my co-worker once. I just can't get over th 3,6,9&12 marker. It is a very shoddy job. Overall the watch is excellent. But those prominent markers with a crappy job are just too much to miss. Will the sellers please work with the factories and get that taken care off. This can be an all time classic.

Edited by zzipy

Without doubt the newer Chinese reps are no where near the same quality as the original TW models that EL sold. The QC issues are terrible with the factory (operation) that produces these particular models.

Josh should be accountable for the dial and the movement problems.

Another example of dealing with a drop shipping dealer. He/She has ZERO quality control. Ask

Josh to personally inspect your replacement 3717...see how far that goes.

Perhaps locate a 3717 from another collector, a reliable one... and ask Josh for a trade for another

model.

The better made 3717's are one of the best reps ever made. But STILL most of the early owners of this watch have had it modded to make a great rep even better. Starting off with a 'bad' version of this rep...makes good modding even harder (more expensive).

My advise...get a refund.

Edited by jeff g

The dial on my 3717 looks much nicers - very exact location of the lumes. Also the Chrono works perfectly. I've used and reset it many times with no problems. I have the high-beat Asian 7750, not a swiss movement. I agree with others, you may want to consider returning yours and replace it for a better one.