When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

prototyp - my new 45mm pilot

t

So far, so good. ^_^

I like your take on the Beobachtungs-Uhren (or is it Fleiger?) of the past and cannot wait for the end product!

But I do have one question: Is it possible to mod the 6497 to display centre seconds?

bro

you know that a center second pilot "made in germany" in this quality would costs 1.300euro - 1.500euro... and this here will costs the half price.

it is possible but only for DOUBLE price <_<

bro

you know that a center second pilot "made in germany" in this quality would costs 1.300euro - 1.500euro... and this here will costs the half price.

it is possible but only for DOUBLE price <_<

I have been looking for one for a couple months now...

Either:

I buy a Lange (7K?)

IWC Big Pilot (9K?)

1.3K-1.5K Euro still sounds like a steal to me.

Keep up the good work, Tourby!

45mmpilotprototyp099.jpg

Wow, Tourby! I just imagine this to be my wrist :lol: . I really love the shape of the case. Very curious to the final dial, the finish of the bezel and the shape of the hands.

Is the final dial going to sit as deep as in the pic or closer to the crystal?

Are you also working on a date @6 version or would that be too expensive?

I have been looking for one for a couple months now...

Either:

I buy a Lange (7K?)

IWC Big Pilot (9K?)

1.3K-1.5K Euro still sounds like a steal to me.

Keep up the good work, Tourby!

of course a center second pilot will come too... but in 2009

1.5k for a center second pilot with Unitas is a good price depending on Chronoswiss center second Unitas watch for 4.5k

but i must begin at first with standard models... higher value watches will come later when all this watches should sold fast. But you can

Wow, Tourby! I just imagine this to be my wrist :lol: . I really love the shape of the case. Very curious to the final dial, the finish of the bezel and the shape of the hands.

Is the final dial going to sit as deep as in the pic or closer to the crystal?

Are you also working on a date @6 version or would that be too expensive?

yes second at 6 will be also available... but only with higher decorated movements for higher prices. But i will think about - not sure yet.

also thing about to build some watches with solid caseback and standard Unitas plain movement for lower price.

the dial will fit deep on case (but not so deep like on this pic)... this is because the diameter is very thick with 13,5mm.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

i have change some details. The bezel is now brushed and 1mm shorter - the dial will not fit to deep.

dial will look anythink like this here:

42mmpilotdial.jpg

here pics of updated prototype. Dial shown on this pics is not for this model. This dial is for smaller pilot

Hi Tourby... nice looking watch!! Can you tell me how this one compares to Steinhart for example?

For the central second hand maybe it's an idea to make it with an automatic ETA so it can be much more affordable?

I'm really looking forward to the final result of this project :)

yes this is a OEM IWC strap

my watches comes with a buffalo 22/22mm strap. 150/80 size and 5mm thick. HAND MADE IN GERMANY

strap will be similar like this strap here

navigatersandblasted090.jpg

beobachtungsuhr6498086.jpg

beobachtungsuhr6498100.jpg

beobachtungsuhr6498129.jpg

Also will be same available in genuine alligator. But this straps comes only with the higher decorated watches + mocca brown dial.