When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Went Shopping To The Local AD

UncleJay

Just from my outside perspective, I have to imagine that Rolex is pleased with the sales of their new GMT w/ceramic bezel.

Contrast that with the new Yachtmaster II, and I hope Rolex gets a better idea of what direction to go in the future.

I don't know? My local AD had a wait list for the YMII, and still had inventory on the ceramic GMT. And that is even with the $25K price difference. The market for those that can drop that kind of coin on a YMII is a select few. I think Rolex served that customer demo quite well. Even if taste is questionable! :)

Regardless, congrats on that GMT, it is a beauty. :tu:

Yes, also stopped by the local Patek AD, fell in love with an Aquanaut. :D but left there empty handed :brow: There's always tomorrow :g:

I believe they rate it the same as the old, but it's thinker with larger Sub size crown. :thumbsupsmileyanim: It wears MUCH larger than stated. The ceramic dial is a pain IMHO. Tons of glare and hard to see when wearing polarized shades. B) I think I use Rolex sport models when I need a break from 44mm plus size watches, but the new GMT lacks a bit of the dress factor and comfort. Opinions may differ. :)