When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best out of box Hublot BB rep available now?

inrila

Love the look. I do like Panerai's in general, but there is no rep without all these annoying flaws and they are even not close to gens -- hardly can stay close to the gen.

So I want something perfect. Well, _almost_ perfect :-)

I am thinking about HBB Steel, HBB Black Ceramic Black Magic or HBB Black Ceramic Ice Bang.

Where should for them? What is the best dealer for HBBs? And what is my luck to get one as close to gen as possible?

Pls help! I know everybody has his own preferences on dealer, but please share your experience.

If somebody compare HBB rep to gen - can give some notes on that, too?

Thank you!!!

i would rule out the ice bang...too many flaws. the biggest flaw with the black magic is that the case is ss coated

in pvd, when its suppose to be all ceramic. SS is very accurate....with and without ceramic bezel.

i really like the new plat mat. -pic below- shes a beauty!!

hbbpm01nn2.jpg

Edited by italiano17771

i would rule out the ice bang...too many flaws. the biggest flaw with the black magic is that the case is ss coated

in pvd, when its suppose to be all ceramic. SS is very accurate....with and without ceramic bezel.

hbbpm01nn2.jpg

HBB SS is great for me -- but where can I see may be comparisons with gen or just the dealer's picture?

Thanks!

I would assume the HBB SS with the Steel bezel would be pretty accurate.

Is there a big difference between the HBB SS with black PVD bezel and the HBB SS with the black ceramic bezel. You can get both the PVD and ceramic bezel with the textured sides, correct??

If so, is there a noticeable difference between the two.

Thanks

The only major flaw in the big bangs that you cant correct is the way the rotor attaches to the movement, on the reps its teeth on the gens its like a key system. Type in 'Identifying a Hublot Replica' into google and the last picture shows what I m on about, nice of them to show us what to aim for. You are definatly better off with the ceramic bezel if you want it as close to gen as pos, the pvd is nice but is not as reflective as it should be.

I just checked on that HBB Tuiga and it's almost a grand!!! Ok, I know this might be a bit of a tangent, but where do you guys draw the line for reps? I mean for that money you "could" get yourself a pretty nice gen.

paid 1280 for my RG Tuiga..

I dont buy watches, gens or reps, depending on the price. I buy what I think is beautiful, that is for everything. I have a hard time to forgive my self for spending $150 on a watch that is OK looking but with a good pricetag.

I rather spend $400 or $1280 on something that makes me go "aaah" everytime I see it..and "my god!" evertime i use it..

but thats me, and I dont say I am normal :)

edit:

just got laughed at by a friend a couple of minutes ago when telling I ordered BOB- and Europelli-straps for > $600 yesterday =)

paid 1280 for my RG Tuiga..

I dont buy watches, gens or reps, depending on the price. I buy what I think is beautiful, that is for everything. I have a hard time to forgive my self for spending $150 on a watch that is OK looking but with a good pricetag.

I rather spend $400 or $1280 on something that makes me go "aaah" everytime I see it..and "my god!" evertime i use it..

but thats me, and I dont say I am normal :)

edit:

just got laughed at by a friend a couple of minutes ago when telling I ordered BOB- and Europelli-straps for > $600 yesterday =)

Amen to those words. If im buying a replica it better be the closest posible to the GEN.

Amen to those words. If im buying a replica it better be the closest posible to the GEN.

I disagree. No matter how much you pay an "out of box" rep will always have some flaw - some nagging "tell" that will gnaw away at your deep subconscious until you go mental. Also, $1280 for a generic, Chinese, copy chronograph movement with notorious unreliability is a little bit crazy. However, I have seen the video of the HBB Rose Gold Tuiga etc, and if it were $500, I would consider it - but for what you paid you could have bought a seriously nice pre-owned gen from a luxury swiss manufacturer OR even a very accurate modded MBK or affordable superrep. I buy reps not based on how accurate they are to the original, but how much I like them overall!

The only major flaw in the big bangs that you cant correct is the way the rotor attaches to the movement, on the reps its teeth on the gens its like a key system. Type in 'Identifying a Hublot Replica' into google and the last picture shows what I m on about, nice of them to show us what to aim for. You are definatly better off with the ceramic bezel if you want it as close to gen as pos, the pvd is nice but is not as reflective as it should be.

I disagree.

Here is the gen movement (HUB44)

hublot-calibre-hub44.jpg

Here is the rep movement:

301.sx.130.rx_a5.jpg

You must be talking about this movement, which is in the smaller (41mm) Big Bang:

341.PB.131.RX-2_back.jpg

I disagree. No matter how much you pay an "out of box" rep will always have some flaw - some nagging "tell" that will gnaw away at your deep subconscious until you go mental. Also, $1280 for a generic, Chinese, copy chronograph movement with notorious unreliability is a little bit crazy. However, I have seen the video of the HBB Rose Gold Tuiga etc, and if it were $500, I would consider it - but for what you paid you could have bought a seriously nice pre-owned gen from a luxury swiss manufacturer OR even a very accurate modded MBK or affordable superrep. I buy reps not based on how accurate they are to the original, but how much I like them overall!

I'm with you on this one, at least when it comes to Hublot reps. I like the Ice Bang personally, and even though it's made of the "wrong" materials the chances of someone I run into actually knowing that are practically zero.

I have friends who wear gen Panerai, but they are far from WISs and I doubt I would even be called out on my Fiddy.

The most impressive HBB I've seen is the rose gold with polished ceramic. I think they refined the dial-print of the carbon fibre dials on that model.

Definitely get the genuine ceramic. I can personally attest to that.

I believe that the issue of the stickers on the rotor gets overblown, but that's just me. I don't get as concerned about parts of the watch that aren't visible to others.

In terms of price, the HBB's with ceramic bezels are expensive. They're also the best reps that have been released in the last two years, and I made the statement about 8 months ago that I don't believe that the HBB will be 'topped' or beaten in terms of quality by any new releases in the next 18 months.

I really do believe it represents a turning point in reps. I don't know if there's ever been a rep that has been able to claim the thrown for that length of time. Does that mean that it's worth the money being asked? Tough call. I wouldn't pay that much for one...

Consider though that the bezel is genuine and worth $800 on it's own, even though it's unlikely you'd be able to sell it for that...

hbbpm01nn2.jpg

What is this one officially called again? And which sellers sell it? And can anyone post a link to them? I only have a link to one site, and Hublots are not sold there.

Personally, I like the rose gold HBB, but the gen costs more than my car, so I've avoided buying it. I wish the sellers would also list a gen MSRP next to all the models sold, then you could make better purchasing decisions.

Also, I looked online for the gen of this one, and the 1st thing I noticed was that the numbers appear to be a navy blue, but all the gen pictures show the numbers to be black(!).

http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/..._TI_450_RX.html

Thanks,

:notworthy:

Edited by Alan_Schezar

What is this one officially called again? And which sellers sell it? And can anyone post a link to them? I only have a link to one site, and Hublots are not sold there.

Personally, I like the rose gold HBB, but the gen costs more than my car, so I've avoided buying it. I wish the sellers would also list a gen MSRP next to all the models sold, then you could make better purchasing decisions.

Also, I looked online for the gen of this one, and the 1st thing I noticed was that the numbers appear to be a navy blue, but all the gen pictures show the numbers to be black(!).

Thanks,

I got mine from josh.. ask him for price..

Platinum Mat ..

hbb_plat.jpg

hbb_plat2.jpg

Regarding the AR, the "blue hue" dont show 99% of the time.. i just strive to get it to show in my pictures as I like the look of it ;)

Anyhow it is really nice and you can wear it to almost anything , which aint that easy with the RG Tuiga..

- tazz

Thanks,

Getting the Gen prices of Reps is easily obtained by doing a web search of the watch you are interested in. There are many Gen watch sellers who have sites up on the net with prices.