When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Membership Rings

KB

With more and more gtg's happening at places around the world wouldn't it be nice if we all had a way to pick a fellow member from a crowded bar?

Something that makes a bold statement that I am a proud member of RWG, yet is as anonymous enough that outsiders will never know.

Wouldn't it also be nice that by procuring this item you would also be helping the ongoing survival of the board you love?

Enter the RWG decoder ring. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After a relentless search for a manufacturer who could not only make this ring for us but do so at a very affordable price I have finally found one who can deliver a solid .925 Sterling Sliver inlaid with black onyx and enamel of our choice of colour all for approximately $50USD.

Ok I tell a lie here the ring could be delivered for $30 however I have decided that every ring shall carry a $20 keep RWG strong levee.

The base for the ring will be this one......

image001ix0.jpg

And an example of the enamel inlays are these....

image002xb4.jpg

image004py6.jpg

image006xy6.jpg

Now you will notice that my user name has been added under the onyx bar in the same colour as the RWG, this will not be the case in the finished product, what you will get is the ring with the RWG in the colour we decide and a space under the bar for each member to engrave his own username.

So there you have it I'll throw this open to discussion now but there are three points I need to make (1) If you like the idea we can't drag our heels to much on this as I currently have an open line to the owner of the company, this wont be the case if he feels I'm wasting his time (2) I have agreed on terms to a first order of 50pcs, so if we can't get 50 buyers we are sunk and (3) All 50pcs will be sent to one central address to be posted out individually as this company will not send single purchases.

Ken

Edit; The following is a list of those who have shown interest, no commitment yet...

1) kenberg

2) FxrAndy

3) LordRasta

4) LordRasta

5) chronology1066

6) Teejay

7) rek001

8) jkerouac

9) phaedo

10) dvn

11) specialvat

12) phoband

13) jfreeman420

14) kokedose

15) kokedose.......maybe

16) carlsbadrolex

17) carlsbadrolex

18) Omni

19) Delboy

20) bubu

21) el niche

22) coolfire

23) MK08

24) Pix

25) Sajko

26) offshore

27) chris5264

28) PAM192MEX

29) POTR

30) southcoast68

ok there are a couple who have posted that are not onthe list as they didn't give any indication on wether they wanted in or not but as you can see we still have a way to go before we even hit the halfway mark.

If you are interested please post so, there is no commitment at this stage I just want to see if this will fly.

Ken

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome idea :) A few ideas came to me. Depending on the size of a person's username, it might not fit in that small space... How about, having the ring without the usernames, and a less-obvious RWG (inspired by Corgi's comment)

Something else which I thought of, how about having the insert haemetite rather than onyx? Gorgeous stone, and good for keeping folks calm :)

Something like this, perhaps?

decoderring.jpg

Ok first up the ring has to be based on the one with the black onyx otherwise there is the very expensive process of setting up a new mold.

As to the user names that will be totally up to the buyer, some may choose not to engrave their rings and only have the RWG logo.

Please understand the engraving is not included with this ring that will be up to the buyer, I just thought it would be a nice touch for everyone to add their usernames.

Of course when it comes time to order everyone will need to submit their ring size and both the colour and the style of the RWG logo is open to discussion and will be decided on a majority wins basis.

Ken

Ok first up the ring has to be based on the one with the black onyx otherwise there is the very expensive process of setting up a new mold.

As to the user names that will be totally up to the buyer, some may choose not to engrave their rings and only have the RWG logo.

Please understand the engraving is not included with this ring that will be up to the buyer, I just thought it would be a nice touch for everyone to add their usernames.

Of course when it comes time to order everyone will need to submit their ring size and both the colour and the style of the RWG logo is open to discussion and will be decided on a majority wins basis.

Ken

Outstanding. Put me down for 2, I'm paying for Admin. Get his ring size when it is time.

Too cool, I love the concept and the design.

I'm tired of mumbling "Jetmid is my hero" every time I see a potential forum member.

I too have an SS/onyx ring I wear daily but I'll sacrifice wearing it for this.

Thanks Ken, it's absolutely brilliant.

I'm in as well, but I also support TeeJay's suggestion of a more creative logo than simply the initials RWG. His rough draft is a good start, but I hope our creative types would submit additional options -- and not all merely based on the initials R, W, and G.

Ken

That's fair enough, I just thought haemetite might've made a nice alternative, as it's a very nice stone, but, if that would cost more, then indeed, go with what's available :)

Needless to say, I'll be up for one of these B)

I'm in as well, but I also support TeeJay's suggestion of a more creative logo than simply the initials RWG. His rough draft is a good start, but I hope our creative types would submit additional options -- and not all merely based on the initials R, W, and G.

But what else would be suitable? :lol:

Indeed, the draft was rough, I can draw a neater version :lol:

Ok I will ask if it is possible to replace the onyx with another form of stone and see what we come up with.

As to the design of the letters a lot of you are suggesting something different but thus far Teejay is the only one to offer up something concrete, you want different show us so we can all vote on it.

I think it will soon be time to start up a list of buyers as it is important not to let this grow stale as even with 10,000 members it can be hard to get 50 takers together.

The idea of payment will be that everyone will pay me $25 this covers the total cost of the ring, I will then have them delivered to a central point, maybe America or maybe Europe but definitely to an Admin team member, you will then all send that member the other $25 this covers the $20 keep RWG strong fund and $5 postage.

So anyone have a problem with that?

Ken

Ok I will ask if it is possible to replace the onyx with another form of stone and see what we come up with.

As to the design of the letters a lot of you are suggesting something different but thus far Teejay is the only one to offer up something concrete, you want different show us so we can all vote on it.

I think it will soon be time to start up a list of buyers as it is important not to let this grow stale as even with 10,000 members it can be hard to get 50 takers together.

The idea of payment will be that everyone will pay me $25 this covers the total cost of the ring, I will then have them delivered to a central point, maybe America or maybe Europe but definitely to an Admin team member, you will then all send that member the other $25 this covers the $20 keep RWG strong fund and $5 postage.

So anyone have a problem with that?

Ken

Sounds like a plan to me :)

I'll have a neater version of the design drawn up tomorrow :)

I like the design you did TJ

Thanks, bro :)