When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slevin and misaligned inner bezel

ryaku

I just received this watch and i'm a little surprised.

Now i'm asking: did someone get a slevin without this flaw?

I know Pugwash's is fine, perfectly aligned.

The watch has eta date wheel and k2222 Ar

slevin.jpg

By the way, is your glass domed?

Thank you

That was the flaw with the cd. It just so happened that with the bezel it clicked into place exactly a half a turn out of alignment. We tried to fix it and concluded that it could not be. I had thought the Slevin had improved on that. I think Lanikai has that watch and he would know. PM him.

Couple of questions...

You got the watch from a dealer with the correct DW's and k2222 AR?

Doesn't the bottom crown rotate that bezel? If so couldn't you just turn it until it lines up?

No, i bought from a dealer and have it shipped to K2222 to mod date and day wheel and have crystal coated.

Bezel rotates of course but it clicks 2 mm off.

That was the flaw with the cd. It just so happened that with the bezel it clicked into place exactly a half a turn out of alignment. We tried to fix it and concluded that it could not be. I had thought the Slevin had improved on that. I think Lanikai has that watch and he would know. PM him.

There are good Slevins around. Pugwash's is just an example i guess.

Hi MAHLER,

not sure it's fixable, i have to live with it most likely.

My fault however, i had too high expectations and trust in QC of a trusted dealer.

Or maybe i'm just too anal.

Drop Drop $hip.... <_< if not fixable try to ask an inner bezel for exchange

I believe this is the root of your problem.

Look at there the where the printing is aligned with the teeth and look at where the "click spring" hits when you turn:

d5bea73c.jpg

On another note, look at how the pushers are protected:

f749f131.jpg

That's always annoying. But it's true it won't be noticed. However, I'm just as anal as you and would ask the dealer to send an other bezel, especially if he promised to QC the thing.

The only QC I trust is the one with pictures of the actual watch. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

I had been trying to pry apart the bezel with no luck so far to figure out if it is a two-piece construction (plastic inner bezel on top of metal teeth) or one-piece.

I've seen some reference photos of the gen to determine that the "60" marker (large triangle) is aligned direcly above one of the teeth; not slightly to the left/right, not in the space, but above the tooth.

And I believe that it is possible to bend the click part, but it might make it more difficult to turn the bezel.

BTW: Welcome back, mahler!

No problems with my bezel alignment (rubber strapped model) although the swiss made is about 2mm out, I'm not sure if I will send it back yet but I'll see how well it keeps time over the next few days.

Only other issue I have is the bezel rotation pusher feels "crunchy" (can't think of a better way to describe it) although the rotation of the bezel is fine.

Ryaku: yes domed glass on mine's also

No problems with my bezel alignment (rubber strapped model) although the swiss made is about 2mm out, I'm not sure if I will send it back yet but I'll see how well it keeps time over the next few days.

Only other issue I have is the bezel rotation pusher feels "crunchy" (can't think of a better way to describe it) although the rotation of the bezel is fine.

Ryaku: yes domed glass on mine's also

The "crunchy" sound is the spring moving inside the pusher.

I've "deadened" the sound by using small foam inserts. You could use grease. YMMV.