When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau Diver 06

lanikai

One of many CD to make it's way to Canada to the heart of RWG..

I was alway's hesitant to get the CD relumed beacuse human hands can only do so much.. and expectations from our end sometimes can be unrealistic...

BUT, never underestimate the talent and art of Zig ...i was in awe of the precision of the inner bezel lume.. and this is by hand!!!!!

the A7750 movement was serviced and true to Ziggy's review can be just as good as the Swiss ETA.. that it was copied from..

Rotor after servicing cannot be heard nor felt and I assume it is still spinning..

After 24 hours like the BCE Graphite A7750 that was fully serviced the CD A7750 is running SPOT ON

my BCE is still running spot on .. after some months now..and when i say spot on .. i'm not talking about 20 seconds +..

It really is a feeling of "Well being" when you have the confidence that the movement is "solid" .. and not have to wonder if the A7750 is going to be consistantly 4 to 5 min. fast per 24 hours..it is the nicest 'feeling" to know that your timepiece is running with precision and accuracy.

So a Hearty Thank you RG.... the reason I am so joyful over the movement as much or more than the estetics .. is all of the really good Horologist in Hawaii have retired or gone to a better place.. this is a lost art.. and becoming harder to find workmanship and people that take pride in their work.. in other words they take it personally.. meaning they take ownership for their work.. as it should be..just my 2 c.

another set of CD pics.. to add to the many already posted..

dsc0004wy5.jpg

dsc0005gi0.jpg

this is definately no high F-# .. daylight and without really charging.. cause we all know Zigs SL does not need it..

dsc0008ye1.jpg

dsc0009tj3.jpg

dsc0011bu2.jpg

I vision this is what the CD may look like at some depth.. the lume would be glowing no doubt

dsc0001uk4.jpg

thanks for viewing

Lani

I always felt that the Cousteau didn't get enough praise. I think it was because of the quality control issues that slowed some of it's momentum when it was just released.

I personally would take a Cousteau every day of the week over something like the SFSO, which is a far more popular rep.

The lani collection is AMAZING! If I ever make it to the islands, I really plan to buy him plenty of drinks and marvel at his collection.

Thank you for your kind words LD ... their are so many members that have such awesome collections.. now i will try and work at getting the reps to "quality" and only one way to do that fo sure.. get them serviced by RWG's Horologist.!!

Genuines are great no doubt.. but for me I think it is the search to create these reps into more than just "copy's" .. I'm sure alot of members can afford genuines and many have them .. but the joy of getting them modded with genuine parts.. and then recieving them back from Ziggy is a joy in itself... and the constant search for parts .. it really is the journey and not the destination we seek..

and if you ever make it to these islands.. diet pepsi for me and I will buy you the hard stuff :lol:

but right now we are under a heavy "VOG" from the volcanoe...the big island is being evacuated in certain areas... no amount of allergy meds will help.. not a good time to vacation .. if anyone is thinking of coming this summer... the islands are covered in thick smoky haze :(

Dang Lanikai your collection is off the hook.

Every time I look on here, I see something new strapped to that tatted arm that I want.

We have similar taste, but you actually have the watches and I still have a wish list. lol.

Do you have a group shot?

Great work as always The Zigmeister.

I always felt that the Cousteau didn't get enough praise. I think it was because of the quality control issues that slowed some of it's momentum when it was just released.

I personally would take a Cousteau every day of the week over something like the SFSO, which is a far more popular rep.

Yup...I totally agree with you. The piece I received from Silix just this month had much of the QC issues addressed, but the common complaint for all the Aquatimers (misaligned inner bezel) was not addressed.

I do think it to be technically, a much more interesting piece than the SFSO, and with the rubber strap more comfortable. Taste and design? Well, that's a personal opinion.

@ Mickey Padge - A "super rep" at $400 when it was released...and now for $275 water resistance tested...a "super value rep".

I wrote a review of the one I received here: Toad's Cousteau Review

Having had the gen for a little while now, without hesitation I can say that The Zigmeister's lume treatment is actually BETTER than genuine. In fact, I think you all would be disappointed with the gen lume if it came on one our your reps. A The Zigmeister upgrade makes it one hell of a WATCH, not just a good rep.

Enjoy your Cousteau!

Glad you like the workmanship and results.

Wear it well.

RG

"like" is not adequately describing my wonder at the lume Z... :lol: .. thank you for taking the pride that is hard to find in this day and age..

Toadtorrent Posted Today, 04:58 AM

I do think it to be technically, a much more interesting piece than the SFSO, and with the rubber strap more comfortable. Taste and design? Well, that's a personal opinion

I agree .. it's more a personal choice .. but i believe the two pieces to be seperate entities as the Cousteau is a "Technically Working" watch and the SOSF to me is not so much a Working timepiece but more of a fashionable one .... although I must say it's hard for me to put one over the other .. they both have their distinct characteristics.. and personalities ... get them both.. heck get them all :lol:

Sir-Lancelot Posted Today, 02:22 AM

Do you have a group shot?

Sir-L ... maybe someday.. I don't believe in quantity for the sake of quantity... so now comes the process of getting the movements serviced and the parts sources and the dial and everything else modded .... the only problem is this year's reps are awesome... sheesh never ending story.. :rolleyes:

and thank you for the kind words...

L-

Looking very good. Enjoy it. I am finding that it and my old school Chrono Avenger are the rubber strap watches getting the most wrist time.

thanks kruz.. you have been a solid "sounding board" from day one for me and i thank you for that... i know if your opinion is the same .. then i must be on the right path..

I got this over a year ago so it's like getting a new watch all over again.. my Breitling Super Avenger is going to be AR'd.. anxious to see what that mega thick crystal will look like.. even with the improper closed 4 on the bezel i think I may actually start wearing it.. all 2 lbs. of it :lol:

Stephane Posted Today, 12:22 PM

Congrats to both Ziggy and Lani.

Seems to be another masterpiece in your collection

I saw some other picture of a CD by Ziggy, macros almost and wow, again, how can a human hand do this

thank you S~

there have been many pics of ziggy's wonderful work.. the slevin will be next.. the 07 CD needs mainly his tech knowledge in servicing the movement

@48 hours and the A7750 is still running spot on..

Hey L-

You have too good a collection. I have to torture you a little. I am staring at a gen SA bezel which Sir Archibald was good enough to source for me. And on the CD you have one mod left and I leave it to you to figure it out. ;) And if you can't figure it out I will post some shots in a week or so. :D

-K

Hey L-

You have too good a collection. I have to torture you a little. I am staring at a gen SA bezel which Sir Archibald was good enough to source for me. And on the CD you have one mod left and I leave it to you to figure it out. ;) And if you can't figure it out I will post some shots in a week or so. :D

-K

:doh: .. "Good" seems to be the "buzz word" heeaa.... ooohhh nnoooo ... you got a genuine bez for the SA.. "I hate you" <_<

what on the CD..What? ..what?.. i take back everything good I ever said about you K... :( .. you sure know how to take the air outa a guy.. :brow:

I know you have one of the best collections around... well maybe .. kinda great..... somewhat nice.... I mean it's OK... :yawn:

ok..ok.. I'm ok .. i'll just trudge along with my "good' collection.. well Good is better than bad... :good:

can't wait to see the pics.. Maybe.. :lol: ..edit.. ok gotta be Chieftang D-AR..

:doh: .. "Good" seems to be the "buzz word" heeaa.... ooohhh nnoooo ... you got a genuine bez for the SA.. "I hate you" <_<

what on the CD..What? ..what?.. i take back everything good I ever said about you K... :( .. you sure know how to take the air outa a guy.. :brow:

I know you have one of the best collections around... well maybe .. kinda great..... somewhat nice.... I mean it's OK... :yawn:

ok..ok.. I'm ok .. i'll just trudge along with my "good' collection.. well Good is better than bad... :good:

can't wait to see the pics.. Maybe.. :lol: ..edit.. ok gotta be Chieftang D-AR..

First: Nice Cousteau Lani. Indeed your collections seem to go far beyond collecting, it's the journey that's more interesting.

Second: After that lumejob and servicing, most would be more than satisfied with the results. But your guess about the AR is right. I've been meaning to remake the AR on mine... guess it's part of the journey too.

Cheers!

TURBO

First: Nice Cousteau Lani. Indeed your collections seem to go far beyond collecting, it's the journey that's more interesting.

Second: After that lumejob and servicing, most would be more than satisfied with the results. But your guess about the AR is right. I've been meaning to remake the AR on mine... guess it's part of the journey too.

Cheers!

TURBO

I was thinkin (trying not to make it a Habit :p ) .. i "need" to learn to remove the crystals from watches.. the cystal press is relatively inexpensive... I could only imagine the possibilities in have the ability to do that.. need to do some research.. time to take action.. B)