When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Comment, Not A Hoax, Just Passing It On:

ryyannon

:D

Thank the Humane Society, who actually got in touch with local animal welfare societies instead if just baying for blood and wishing death and torture on someone. :1a:

I never asked for blood, you can be against people like him but at the same time don't be a crazy peta activist..

Ohh i em so tierd of talking to walls.

Who do you trust?

On one hand you've got the Humane Society who have contacts at the local animal welfare centres and on the other, you've got the media picking up the story over a month after it happened.

If you feel the need to be outraged, believe the version that allows you to get angry.

I belive that such people like this artist shoud be in prison..

I wouldn't be so sure... I understand that pig owners have to apply suncreams to their backs so they don't get burned. If they were more tollerant of the pain/heat (such as cats are more tollerant of higher temperatures than Humans) there wouldn't be much need to give them the suncream. The pig also moved about a bit, so it was clearly in some manner of discomfort.

The thing that disgusted me most about that, is that the pigs have no choice in what is being done to them. I suspect that if someone was to tattoo someone else, without their permission, then they would receive a stiff penalty. I remember reading on one tattoo forum, where someone once fell asleep at a birthday party, where the birthday boy had got a tattoo machine for their birthday... When they woke up, they had a load of tiny 'bats' tattooed across their shoulder, so in need of coverup work. I'm not sure if they actually pressed charges, but, there was a lot of encouragement for them to do so. The pigs don't even have that luxury...

Agree.

Pigs are tattooed for identification as part of the normal farming procedure. They are also used by tattoo artists to learn the trade as pig flesh is very similar to human flesh (same subcutaneous fat layer).

Nothing new here. What about branding cattle and horses? That's normal practice too.

branding is actualy banned more places then its legal..

I just read the first page of the thread but this comment by Dani just says it all.

Yupp.

People didn't go there to enjoy it. They went to an exhibit and were shocked, which was the expected result.

what you now about that?

They see and not react tells everything about them.

Note the emphasis there. While it could be argued that those tattoos would 'identify' an individual pig, the tattoos applied are definitely more 'decorative' than something applied for simple identification, ie: 000001, 000002, 000003 etc etc...

As I said before, not while the pig is still 'wearing' the skin...

What about it? The video was not about cattle or horses being branded for identification purposes. Branding cattle and horses is not the issue here...

Also, there is quite a difference, as with tattoos, between brands applied to identify an animal, or show ownership, and artistic brands applied for decorative purposes, as is the case with Human Brandings.

Agree.

Also to point out what V said, even countrys where their is few laws against crulety towards animals the majority will stil react to such acts as this one.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you read some of the comments here? Blood was called for.

therewillbebloodposteruq9.jpg

Always easier to say than to do, Pugs. Mostly outraged bluster.

And we needed a collective catharsis.

We always do.

Few of us are as happy as we try to appear here: Supereps are no substitute the real thing. Somewhere, that dog is us. Down deep, we're all starving.

Anyway, it's part of being what we are: imperfect, hormone-driven little monkeys with one eye on our neighbor's Rolex (or his wife, car or dog) and the other on the stars...

Cope.

Also on the bit about the tats on the pig's, yes it's wrong but I seriously doubt they feel much (if any) pain from the process due to their thick hides, I think people are equating it to the pain a human feels but for the pig's it is probably more like scratching an itch.

It also looks like those pigs are living a pampered life, will they in fact even be slaughtered?

er... well... they get slaughtered, eventualy, because the exhibition is about their skin, not the whole pig, but they enjoy a far better life than the ones that finish into bacon, that's for sure -_-

As for peanut butter, how about some REP peanut butter ???

Peanut_Butter.jpg

Even if he fed the dog and let it go, he's still a [censored]. The worst part about the whole thing is that it was done for such obvious, unimaginative, crappy "art," even by conceptual art standards which usually ranges from the avant garde equivalent of Bob Ross to the avan garde equivalent of whatever they hang in the rooms of the local W hotel.

Even if he fed the dog and let it go, he's still a [censored]. The worst part about the whole thing is that it was done for such obvious, unimaginative, crappy "art," even by conceptual art standards which usually ranges from the avant garde equivalent of Bob Ross to the avan garde equivalent of whatever they hang in the rooms of the local W hotel.

:lol:

Remember Bob Ross?! He was AWESOME, always made me happy. :)

I couldn't find one of his trademark "Let's put in a happy cloud" Youtube video, but here is one in his memory. Trippy! He would've loved it.