When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Comment, Not A Hoax, Just Passing It On:

ryyannon

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh, the teacher was wrong.

Some of the most amazing art in the history of ... er, ever was done with a religious theme. You'd have to be a munce-head to denounce it because it's got an imaginary theme.

Kid later put these paintings on the steps of his State's Capitol -- both situations were testing the limits of free speech, and religion -- not to mention the separation of Church and State.

ps. WTF? We're discussing religion again?

I've seen you go ballistic when religion is the topic. It contradicts your posture of Man of Reason, above all else. And I'll remind you of it every time you dismiss people like Dani with a sneer, like you did earlier.

"You can't argue with that level of ... well, you know."

""Hello everyone.

My name is Ryyannono Halfacuc Douchebag. I am 50 years old and an artist, you miserable philistines. Recently, I have been critisized for my spelling - no, I mean for my work titled "Eres lo que lees", which features a dude named Guillermo. The purpose of the work was not to cause any type of infliction on this poor, smelly, disgusting, innocent creature, but rather to illustrate a point. What the hell was it again...oh yes: In my home city of San Jose, Costa Rica, tens of thousands of homeless people starve and die of illness each year in the streets and no one pays them a second thought. Neither do I, to tell the truth. But I sure as hell want to become a famous artist. Now, if you publicly display one of these starving creatures, such as the case with Guillermo, it creates a backlash that brings out a big of hypocrisy in all of us. And lots of publicity for me! Guillermo was a very sick guy and would have died in the streets anyway."" I mean, we're all going to die someday, anyway, right?

Well shucks, Ryyannono, when you put that way... :g:

to illustrate a point like this?

dososvs4.jpg

life is not good... for all :yuk:

I agree their is no reason to do to him as he did to the dog, but i think its ok to stop him but laws in many countrys does exactly that.

But its in human nature to react to ill doing upon others so as a exampel if i see a kid/guy beat a dog my instinct will get me to deffend that dog and that will result in violence..

Edited by jnagy

then,my natural reaction to seeing a human being beaten is to defend that human and that may lead to violence.true story.i once was driving down the road and saw some guys beating up an obviously defenseless guy.don't know why i stopped,but i did.could have been very stupid.i pulled one guy off,and held the other back while the little dude got away.i overpowered but didn't become violent with them.only violent people do violent things.

Ok in Norway we have the second higest youth crime in europe people here don't let themself get "overpowerd" and for me its better to use violence to sedue the person.

I train muay thai for many years so i now also from seing the krav maga people at my gym that to just hold a person can be very very dangerus you let him go he pulls a knife what then?? If you get him down or get a hold of him its best to just make him blackout..Not just violent people do violent things, that is so wrong to say..

Its human nature we all can kill or harm others we only need a reason.

Cheers.

I've seen you go ballistic when religion is the topic. It contradicts your posture of Man of Reason, above all else. And I'll remind you of it every time you dismiss people like Dani with a sneer, like you did earlier.

We're all human. Cope.

The theme was a hoax. That he actually tied up a stray dog he found in the street, in an art gallery, as thousands of people passed by without so much as a whimper of protest, and then let the stray dog LOOSE into the streets afterward (once his fame and fortune was cemented) is uncontested.

Disgusting.

What next? Finding a little homeless kid, tying him up to a rope in an art gallery to highlight the hypocrisy of the public's "non-reaction"?

Art is by nature subversive. Any art. It's supposed to get a rise out of you.

But for a very long while, that's all its been. Where's the artistic TALENT anymore?

er... isn't it precisely what you're doing right now? Being shocked by this and reacting, asking yourselft tons of questions about man's relation to nature and so on (and you're totaly right to do so).

Now let's put this further. What do you thing about...

- the way cows are slauthered to make your hamburger?

(millions of people passed by without so much as a whimper of protest)

- the way we continue fishing even if we know that if we don't restain ourself to do so, we'll be out of fish within 10 years?

- the way US/Eu citizens polutes 100x more than the average world citizen, dooming everybody's future?

- the way the world (humans, not dogs) is starving right now (but we can't fin $1/2 billion to solve the problem, even thoug we just injected several billions in the economy to preserve OUR comfort) ?

If such an 'artwork' ignite such debate in such various place (hey, this is a rep watch forum, after all), then it can't be all that bad, can it?

How come anybody gives a [censored] about a starving dog when, as of today, and because of recent economic crisis, nearly 100 millions humans are also starving ???

(don't get me wrong, I love dogs, I have one)

The bottom line is that we're all screwed (except perhaps for the very, very rich who can buy an even more persuasive illusion that we're not) and we know it.

Whatever one believes, whichever side one is on, it's the same: no way out... les jeux sont faits - rien va plus.

A certain very limited amount of good can still be done within the private sphere, but even that is becoming more difficult - and less effective.

Stories like the dog drive us insane by showing us the true nature of our position - and our total impotence in changing it.

In reality, that dog, c'est nous.

These are End Times.

As Pugwash would say, 'Cope with it.'

In reality, that dog, c'est nous.

Absolutely!

Still, you're a bit pessimistic, we can still do something. Vote Obama, for example, if you're a US citizen, sell you SUV and buy a Toyota Prius, save energy, take a look at what you're buying and how it's produced... It's not armagedon we're facing, there's lots of thing we can do to give our kid a decent future.

Ryyannon, you sound a bit dark... been too much in France maybe ;)

Duuuuude.... :lol:

Buy a Prius! :Jumpy:

Vote Obama! :rofl:

Merde, FasTTap, I never knew you could be so funny!

Thanks for the second-best laugh of the morning! :D

(The first was when the Seventh-Day Aventists rang my bell just as I was composing the previous post...) :bangin:

By the way, FasTTap, did they teach you how to swim at Sciences-Po? :fish:

Ryyannon, you sound a bit dark... been too much in France maybe ;)

Yeah, tell me about it, my friend....

But hey, not dark, just lucid!

'lucid':

"bright, shining," from L. lucidus "light, bright, clear," from lucere "to shine," from lux (gen. lucis) "light," from PIE base *leuk- "to shine, be bright" (see light (n.)).

Of course, one of the dangers of being lucid, is that of...ahem...mistaken identity:

Lucifer

O.E. Lucifer "Satan," also "morning star," from L. Lucifer "morning star," lit. "light-bringing," from lux (gen. lucis) + ferre "carry" (see infer). Belief that it was the proper name of Satan began with its use in the Bible to translate Gk. Phosphoros, which translates Heb. Helel ben Shahar in Isaiah xiv.12 --"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" [KJV] The verse was interpreted by Christians as a reference to "Satan," because of the mention of a fall from Heaven, even though it is literally a reference to the King of Babylon (cf. Isaiah xiv.4).

Sigh.

:lol: we can be doomed and still laugh !!!

(as for the Prius, I heard Mercedes will launch bi-energy car next year, so I migh wait a while before going for Toyota ;) )

Yes, I find myself laughing more and more these days....

Also, a British auto magazine did a very serious comparison between a Prius and a Mercedes diesel on an identical run between London to Geneva with two professional drivers. Result: the Mercedes achieved significantly better MPG.

By the way, did you ever bring that Rolex to the shop I told you about in Montparnasse? Trust me, they are absolutely super....

- the way cows are slauthered to make your hamburger?

- the way we continue fishing even if we know that if we don't restain ourself to do so, we'll be out of fish within 10 years?

- the way US/Eu citizens polutes 100x more than the average world citizen, dooming everybody's future?

- the way the world (humans, not dogs) is starving right now (but we can't fin $1/2 billion to solve the problem, even thoug we just injected several billions in the economy to preserve OUR comfort) ?

Slaughter, i cear i ask why and have its done..

Fishing, i cear in Norway we try to control over fishing done by our Russian nabors..

I em not a US or EU citizen ;)

That humans are starving is natural part of nature its the selective way of survival of the strong.You can't save them all but you can try your best to save some.

Also animals are suffering and starving in nature its have nature works and i don't feel sad about them..If you are going to use your life to be sad over all the bad stuff in the world then what type of life will you have??I just see it as nature we all die we all can't have it all some must be weak some strong its have the world goes around.

This "art" show is thaking a DOG a friend of humans that we breed and bring to the world and use in some macaber and cruel setting for people to enjoy or/and show lack of empati.

:yeah:

This "art" show is thaking a DOG a friend of humans that we breed and bring to the world and use in some macaber and cruel setting for people to enjoy or/and show lack of empati.

Er... Dani... aren't Dogs a common food in China ?

Ok, how about this one: Wim Delvoye is acclaim as a major contemporary artist, one of his work involves tatoo on pigs :rofl:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=DUcX0owdIhY

I know, I know, pigs are not friends of humans... unless you're George Clooney :bangin:

Cultural gaps everywhere B) Isn't this global village a great thing?

:yeah:

Er... Dani... aren't Dogs a common food in China ?

Ok, how about this one: Wim Delvoye is acclaim as a major contemporary artist, one of his work involves tatoo on pigs :rofl:

I know, I know, pigs are not friends of humans... unless you're George Clooney :bangin:

Cultural gaps everywhere B) Isn't this global village a great thing?

i also think its wrong to tatto a pig.

Pigs are friends of humans we have pet pigs all over the world.

er... isn't it precisely what you're doing right now? Being shocked by this and reacting, asking yourselft tons of questions about man's relation to nature and so on (and you're totaly right to do so).

Pas du tout, du tout!

Perhaps it is true of his country, at least one hopes. But the overwhelming reaction around the world (which he fully expected, and indeed, planned his stunt around) was that of making HIM better known, not the cause he wishes to highlight.

When Chris Ofili flings elephant dung and fingerpaints a figure of a woman around it, calling it the Virgin Mary, he is not wanting to spark a religious discussion.

He knows full well this will make famous; so does every shock artist -- even bad publicity, is publicity and the more outr

That is so wrong on so many levels...

Tattooing anyone or anything against it's will is just unspeakably wrong. I wonder how he would like to be held down and forcibly tattooed... Maybe the word "C*nt" across his forehead would be appropriate...

I know many tattoo artists learn to tattoo by using pigskins, but not while the pig is still wearing it... What he's doing is just another example of an 'artist' using animal cruelty for their 'works'. It's jokers like that that give legitimate (human) tattoo artists a bad name... <_<