When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100

deltatahoe

so i've been eyeing the cartier santos 100; i like it because i think the white dial makes for a dressy watch.

there has been lots of discussion about the xlarge 44mm size santos 100 (including flaws such as swiss made spacing, clasp problems, strap quality, etc), but i just noticed that joshua is offering the medium 38mm size santos 100 with the correct swiss made spacing and a new clasp.

i have somewhat smaller wrists, and i'm thinking the 38mm size might actually lend itself to being a dressier watch than the 44mm size.

any thoughts? anybody pulled the trigger on the new 38mm version yet? if so, pictures and/or comments about the size, strap quality, etc would be great...

dt

i'm pretty positive that there is a 38mm genuine version -- if you go to cartier's website, they offer the santos 100 in both a 'medium' size and an 'extra large' size.

after a quick google search, i found the 38mm on overstock.com of all places: http://www.overstock.com/sm-cartier-santos...5_ti-82124.html

dt

I may be wrong, but I do not believe there is a 38mm version?

Anyone else know about this??

-O

Last Friday night I tried on the Santos 100 medium (38mm) TT at Cartier in the Wynn in Vegas. Very nice watch. Too bad it didn't have a deployant clasp for that kind of money (5600USD). I really think that the rep will be one of my next purchases. I also tried on the bigger one but it looked much too big on my wrist.

I haven't compared the two directly, but the rep looks like it does justice to the gen. Give it a shot and tell us what you think.

I'd get it now, but after trying on so many watches, it's down the priority list somewhat.

current list:

PAM 120 blue dial 40mm

VC Overseas

Omega Planet Ocean

Cartier Santos 100 medium

Last Friday night I tried on the Santos 100 medium (38mm) TT at Cartier in the Wynn in Vegas. Very nice watch. Too bad it didn't have a deployant clasp for that kind of money (5600USD). I really think that the rep will be one of my next purchases. I also tried on the bigger one but it looked much too big on my wrist.

I haven't compared the two directly, but the rep looks like it does justice to the gen. Give it a shot and tell us what you think.

I'd get it now, but after trying on so many watches, it's down the priority list somewhat.

current list:

PAM 120 blue dial 40mm

VC Overseas

Omega Planet Ocean

Cartier Santos 100 medium

Did cartier change the size of the big model? I haven't measured my "2004" model but it seems like it's no bigger than 42mm.

The cartier Santos rep is at least as accurate as the PAM 120 and the VC overseas IMO, and about in line w/ the PO so I see no reason to remove it from your list. BTW, where can you get the 38mm rep?

'deltatahoe' date=Jun 21 2006, 10:02 PM' post='73360] there has been lots of discussion about the xlarge 44mm size santos 100 (including flaws such as swiss made spacing, clasp problems, strap quality, etc), but i just noticed that joshua is offering the medium 38mm size santos 100 with the correct swiss made spacing and a new clasp.

i have somewhat smaller wrists, and i'm thinking the 38mm size might actually lend itself to being a dressier watch than the 44mm size.

I was curious about that so I asked. Josh told me that the 38mm was mislabeled and should read "42mm" although I see it hasn't been changed yet.

I tried on both yesterday in the Cartier store in Nassau. I prefered the medium size. I have a few PAMs, 44 mm and 45 mm, so I'm a fan of bigger watches, but the medium size just seems more proportionate (sp?). This will be my next rep in stainless and gold with the stainless and gold bracelet. I think it's a great looking watch.