When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Bentley Breit

Factories in China tend to assemble, rather than turn raw metal into finished product.

At least, such has been my experience, when sourcing legitamate products in China.

I suspect - although I don't know for sure - that rep "factories" do the same... buying cases from one maker, dials from another, movements from a third... and bolt the bits together.

The fact that there is a typo on the dial only means that the dial-maker made a mistake. There could be one factory assembling the finished watch - or there could be umpteen - all buying dials from the same place.

So it comes back to the old, old advice...

First choose your dealer... then choose your watch.

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

P.S. I rather fancy the maroon version. It is the first Breightling that I have actually liked. It may have a typo... but look on the bright side. At least this version has the "B" on the second hand the right way round :D

Just received the white version from Andrew,

re the inscription, you really have to be up close and personal to notice

the problem, and compared to some of the flaws on other reps this is

really minor. I was concerned before the watch arrived after reading some other posts

regarding the missing cross on the t`s but after seeing it- no worries.

I really woudn`t be put off by this , its a cracking piece.

Regards

Colin

yes...I've seen it up close and personal...and believe me it's so hard to spot.....the writing on the back is very small.....and unless you have absolutely perfect eyesight......you won't notice it among teh jumble of other letters on the caseback.......I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me.....truth is.....the quality of the rest of the watch more than compensates for the 'very small' mistake....which is easily rectified......unscrew the case back......place it on the end of a broom handle.....take a good quality screwdriver or drift.,.....give it a knock right where the 'l' is....and cross it as a 't'.........or have it engraved....!

WOW!

Just checked out that 44mm GT Breitling.

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=1347

It looks awesome. I have a Breitling for Bentley book here, listing all the models with pics etc....

On examination, I cant see any flaws apart from the 'Swilzerland' on the back, and Im not sure if I would have noticed that if it hadnt been mentioned!

Chrono's are in the right places, the date looks good........

Think I might be pulling the trigger very shortly on this one!

I too have closely compared the original and this rep and there is virtualy no difference. Almost spot on. I've even tried using a layer method of the original superimposed over the rep with Paintshop Pro. The only tiny (and I mean tiny) difference is the apparent depth of the inner part of the bezels (the white part). It appears slightly deeper on the rep (as it is with the navitimers too actually). It is very good though. It's now officialy on my 'watch' list.

73999-31964.jpg

I too have closely compared the original and this rep and there is virtualy no difference. Almost spot on. I've even tried using a layer method of the original superimposed over the rep with Paintshop Pro. The only tiny (and I mean tiny) difference is the apparent depth of the inner part of the bezels (the white part). It appears slightly deeper on the rep (as it is with the navitimers too actually). It is very good though. It's now officialy on my 'watch' list.

75334-31652.jpg

I agree both the inner bezel white ring and the machined look of the gen outer bezel looks better but both of these pictures appear to have been taken at slightly different angles so a direct comparison is hard. I picked up the angles of the angled bracelets are different where they contact the 6 oclock position of the case. It's still pretty accurate. Josh lists the case diameter as the same as the genuine (like 44.8mm or something). This kind of direct side by side is the most difficult one to pass and I think this model does better than most. Also, getting an un-adulterated new 28,000 bph asian 7750 is quite a treat. This one is next after my LV.

Edited by crystalcranium

yes...I've seen it up close and personal...and believe me it's so hard to spot.....the writing on the back is very small.....and unless you have absolutely perfect eyesight......you won't notice it among teh jumble of other letters on the caseback.......I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me.....truth is.....the quality of the rest of the watch more than compensates for the 'very small' mistake....which is easily rectified......unscrew the case back......place it on the end of a broom handle.....take a good quality screwdriver or drift.,.....give it a knock right where the 'l' is....and cross it as a 't'.........or have it engraved....!

On the genuine, the t cross is so subtle, even in hi-res photos on the Breitling website, that it's easy to see how they missed it. It actually almost reads as Swilzerland on the genuine

The only tiny (and I mean tiny) difference is the apparent depth of the inner part of the bezels (the white part). It appears slightly deeper on the rep (as it is with the navitimers too actually).

I'd be careful basing depth-based measurements on photographs. If everything isn't on the same plane, the focal length/foreshortening can cause optical illusions.