When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible to get a case rated to 200m WR?

old skool

Hmm i was always curious about the rep pam cases i have a 005 and an 111h but since the crown mech. is not srew down one im not sure i woud be putin them near water ... also they wear so nice on leather the ruber strap is a no go for me i had it on yeterday on my 005 but swaped it in 15 minutes flat :p

Someone here ever swimed/showerd with a rep pam ?

Laz

My first reaction is WHY?

But seriously, I can't imagine that a watch machined to the tolerances that our reps are would pass the muster with that depth <_<

Gotta disagree. I just did not hit the button because I don't like it. ^_^

I think our reps are often better than we think they are.

Hope I can proof this soon... :p

I always advise rep owners to never shower or swim with their reps....you can spend the time and money to get the watch sealed up nice and tight....but still....someday you will be sorry....

So if you are to avoid swimming and showering with your rep on....you really only need to have it sealed up to 50 or 100M....this will protect the watch from normal conditions like rain and humidity....

I always advise rep owners to never shower or swim with their reps....you can spend the time and money to get the watch sealed up nice and tight....but still....someday you will be sorry....

So if you are to avoid swimming and showering with your rep on....you really only need to have it sealed up to 50 or 100M....this will protect the watch from normal conditions like rain and humidity....

If you get it tested to 100m why wouldn't you be able to swim with it?

The genuine Aquatimer is wr up to 120m... you can swim and snorkel with it. Sure.

Showering is a different thing. The watch heats up very fast and maybe cools down as fast, too... Watches, constructed out of metal that reacts to temperature, are not meant for sauna, hot/cold showers or jacuzzies.

No matter how wr they are.

I disagree when people say that Rep watches are only good to use under the rain or when you watch your hands. I have a 1680 that is been at the pool so many times and is just a standard rep with a gen crystal nothing more.

even more this past spring break I went to Bahamas with MY Ultimate PO I did snorkel and went down probably to 10 m that is about 30 feet. The watch was service by my watch guy, but it has no upgrades everything is standard as it came from the dealer.

You will be surprise how deep can you go

Someone here ever swimed/showerd with a rep pam ?

Swim: all the time, with my 050.

Shower: never -- see former advice from Seadweller.

30m (3 atm, but they should be 4 atm as the +1 atm from the air at the sea level should be taken in account) is just good for washing hands, rain, and splashing waterdrops at the watch.

I have a DSN 82 that I took to the pool and failed. It turned out to be that the caseback wasn't entirely tight. Once closed thightly, my watchsmith test it for the 3 ATM advertised, and passed with flying colors.

I suggest not to wear reps under water, unless you fully understand the possible consecuences.

Cheers!

The only rep I've had which wasn't entirely waterproof (with no obvious flaws in crown seal etc) was a very poor quality 2531.80, and even then, it only got condensation inside the crystal, it was not a full-blown 'flooding'. I've swum against heavy tides and a wave machine in my 111h and it never leaked. When I swam with it, I'd used thumb-pressure inside dish-washing gloves to secure the caseback not long before, so probably not even as tight as it could be secured with a case-wrench. Although I didn't swim with it on, the Radiomir I bought for a friend's birthday survived being worn in a hot bath, ran under a full-force cold tap, and submerged in a cool bath for 20 minutes. Not a hint of fogging or flooding. With watches like the Omegas, where the HE valve represents a compromise in the case integrity, then yes, maybe caution is required (not that my 'decent' 2531.80 or PO ever fogged or flooded after submersion) but, with watches like PAMs, where the case is a solid piece of metal, providing the fit of the other parts is good, then there's no reason why it shouldn't be reasonably waterproof, simply because it's a solid design.

Am I understanding correctly that you shouldn't wear any watch in a hot shower? Even a genuine?

Well, I suppose that a true 30 Atm diving watch might withstand even a hot shower without flooding.

Just, no point in trying it out. :)

Well, I suppose that a true 30 Atm diving watch might withstand even a hot shower without flooding.

Just, no point in trying it out. :)

Ok - the reason I asked.

I didn't know much about watches (still don't know as much as most people on this board) when I bought my submariner 14 years ago. I assumed it was indestructible. It only came off my wrist about a dozen times in the first 12 years. I average a 15 to 20 minute hot shower every day, have soaked in a hot tub for hours at a time, and held it under the tap while washing it with a cue tip. Never any problems. Maybe I just got lucky.

I bought my submariner 14 years ago. I assumed it was indestructible. It only came off my wrist about a dozen times in the first 12 years. I average a 15 to 20 minute hot shower every day, have soaked in a hot tub for hours at a time, and held it under the tap while washing it with a cue tip. Never any problems. Maybe I just got lucky.

Well, the submariner is a true dive watch, so no need to call on luck. :)