When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Visited Harrods watch room today

Slartibartfast

Was in Harrods (London) today, and couldn't resist dragging Mrs Slartibartfast round the fine jewelery and watch room. I was staggered at the selection of just about every top brand watch that you can think of. One very obvious brand missing from the line up was Omega. Even Rolex has its own 'fitting room' so is represented well. I even saw a selection from Silberstein. But my old favorite Omega was nowhere to be seen (unless I missed it of course).

One thing that I was staggered at was the price of Hublots. I mean they were between

Didn't know you were also in London :huh:

I should go down there... but the way I dress, they'll be suspicious of me :lol:

are you alluding to the fact that you maybe a "person of interest" and possibly on a government watch list. if you walk in anywhere with the woman in your avatar you could go unnoticed i bet.

Been down to the Harrods room a few times, I also really like the Selfridges room. Tried a couple Navis on at Harrods, and a Cosmonaute and a PO at Selfridges (before I bought a 42mm rep!). Check out some of the more unusual watches too, Selfridges has a limited edition Chopard tourbillon (the last unsold one I was told) for a cool GBP85k...

are you alluding to the fact that you maybe a "person of interest" and possibly on a government watch list. if you walk in anywhere with the woman in your avatar you could go unnoticed i bet.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

No, I'm just not comfortable and trouser, shirt, shoes, so them seeing me walk in with an Argentina soccer shirt with Puma trainers, for example, would make them suspicious.

Didn't have a problem taking Omegas in for a service at the Omega Boutique however. :lol:

are you alluding to the fact that you maybe a "person of interest" and possibly on a government watch list.

You should know that we in London and the South East of the UK are the most watched public in the world (according to reports on the BBC). Walk or drive, catch a train (especially a tube) and you are caught on camera on every corner. I have read reports that the average UK punter gets photographed on CCTV on AVERAGE 300 times A DAY! Turn around, look up, and there's a camera smiling back!

But that's a differenrt story.........