When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stupid Question

Genuinely stupid question here.

How do I manually wind up an auto watch?

Do I just loosen the screwdown crown and just wind the crown? Do I do this anti or clockwise? I've tried this but doesn't seem to charge up the watch, should I be hearing a clicking noise? or a grinding noise?

Thanks

Why oh why oh why do people persist in post questions in the step up forum?

An Aussie too..........Oh the shame of it all.

Ok I'll give you your answer...........yes you do just unlock the crown and start winding in a clockwise direction, no there will not be any clicking or grinding and yes I am gunna come after you if you post another question in the g'day forum :angry2: .................................have a nice day :rolleyes:

Ken

I have 2 guys sitting here with real rolex gtm masters and when I said I had to wind mine up to start with and again if it stops they both just said if theirs stops they just stick it back on their wrist and away they go so I was just curious if they could wind it a bit like you do with reps?

I have 2 guys sitting here with real rolex gtm masters and when I said I had to wind mine up to start with and again if it stops they both just said if theirs stops they just stick it back on their wrist and away they go so I was just curious if they could wind it a bit like you do with reps?

Well, you can, but it's best to just wear them all the time. If you don't want to wind them for whatever reason, you can just give them a swirl for a second, set the time and put it on your wrist. However, seeing as you have the crown out to reset the time, you may find that screwing the crown back in gives it enough of a wind to get it going on the way to your wrist.

Nothing wrong with a newbie asking a question. As good natured members who were once there ourselves, we should be tolerant of these small missteps. Ken did exactly the right thing. Answered the question but clearly pointed out that this is not the appropriate place to ask these questions.

fkhill gave an appropriate response and all is well and good in the land of Oz :)