When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1665 DRSD

Cats

Dear members,

to start i'm not the best photographer and i don't have a lightbox decent flash etc.

so i have to depend on sunlight ( shades closed to get a more yellow picture ) and all simple tricks.

Never the less i'm very proud with my new baby.

She started as a out of the box MBW/MBK 1665 DRSD

IMG_1944.jpg

I decided to have some modds doen but didn't go for the full option like movement swap, gen bracelet etc.

This is how it came back after the modding.

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

The hands and dail were "relumed" and modded to look like the old Tritium ones.

A week part is still the pearl or maybe to the total insert. i didn't have the patience and time to find a decent one.

The insert which is on sits flush and perfectly in the bezel.

IMG_2302.jpg

The crwon guards where shaped to look more gen. A gen crown and tube was installed. I was lucky to get a brand new late 70's crown.

IMG_2300.jpg

The paint was removed from the caseback

IMG_2298.jpg

A Tropic T39 from clarks was installed and the lugholes were drilled to gen specs

I didn't swap the bracelet so the bracelet was modded to except gen springbars which are in ofcourse

And finally the wrist shot

IMG_2313.jpg

Thanks for looking

Carpe Diem

Cats

Very nice, pics and superb watch. Wear it well!

I really love the wrist and crystal Shot! I always shake when I try to do a wrist shot.

I now have a lightbox now, but I totaly now what you mean when you said that you are dependant on only light. B4 I had a lightbox (which I had custom build), I could only take pics when the sun was shining out side --in the shade- coz it sooo hot in thailand.

But better hot than cold like in NL--hehe right Cats -- thankfully the sun shines like 90% of the time.

Great job!

Edited by EuroTimez

Lovely watch indeed Cats.

I see you prefer it "neat" not to aged like I do.

And, we have the same stupid bracelet 16520.

How the hell is it possible that MBK still print that number on the links :o

I love the distortion that the T39 Clark Crystal does.

I'm still not sure that my Genuine T39 was a good idea at all. Clark is really great.

The lume markers are wonderfull too.

Wearing it like it is now is much better than out of the box to enjoy it, isn't it?

The only addition I would recommend is a CWP insert and pearl and add some signs of wear maybe.

Well done Cats,

Cheers

Stephane

Congratulations Cats.

You got a real looker there. I will have my GW back in a few days. Even though I went with the flat-top I really like the look of the domed crystal. I guess that will be for the next project.

Wear it in good health!

Guest carlsbadrolex

As a huge fan of vintage Rollies, I congratulate you on a great one! The lume is incredible, and the crystal is a perfect match!

Hope to see plenty more projects from you in the future!