When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Vintage Seadweller case

mastergod

Hi. Having ordered a T39 Superdome with the intention of making a great sd comex, I need a good out of the box case. Thought of getting this one and doing the usual mods over time.

EDIT: PIC REMOVED

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...;products_id=42

For a starter case, is this a good choice? Rehaut? Will the T39 tropic fit? Is it easy to get a decent replacement insert for it? Which case should I buy instead if the one shown isn

Edited by mastergod

Paul's DRSD has a working HE valve, and I would think this one should also.

But, I don't think a gen T-39 will fit or a gen insert for that matter. To do that, you have to go to the MBW ($350+) or up to the Vietnamese cases from NDtrading or Jewelry and Watch.

But it might still be a fun watch to play with- trim the cg's, reglue the crystal for WR, put a good pearl in the insert, maybe even a gen crown and aftermarket tube, drill the lugholes, grease the o-rings and have it water tested. If you did the work yourself, you could probably do it for under $500 including the tools and the watch.

Paul's DRSD has a working HE valve, and I would think this one should also.

But, I don't think a gen T-39 will fit or a gen insert for that matter. To do that, you have to go to the MBW ($350+) or up to the Vietnamese cases from NDtrading or Jewelry and Watch.

But it might still be a fun watch to play with- trim the cg's, reglue the crystal for WR, put a good pearl in the insert, maybe even a gen crown and aftermarket tube, drill the lugholes, grease the o-rings and have it water tested. If you did the work yourself, you could probably do it for under $500 including the tools and the watch.

Thanks, great input. Mastergod

Edited by mastergod

Invest in a MBW. The case and bracelet fit and finish are OUTSTANDING. I bought a MBW GWSD from TTK a few years ago and its the prize of my 20 plus rep collection. I bought a CLARKE superdome for 60 bucks and it fit perfectly. The watch I bought had hollow center links, the correct caseback, eta movement etc...top of the line.