When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer 1

mussfu

Hey guys,

I am new here and want to buy a 1A grade rep Rolex Explorer 1.

Last year I bought a 116509 black dial daytona (Valijoux 7750 movement) - a great watch. Now I am looking for the best available explorer 1 rep on the market.

Can anybody here recommend sb where I can buy such a watch? whats the price of those watches here?

thx

Most people here aren't going to tell you where to buy; the advice is generally to read, read, read. It's good advice. Learn as much about the replica market and various dealers as you can; don't become impulsive. There are many resources available on this site. For example, you will learn that the notion of replica grades is pretty much nonsense.I do think that an explorer I is an excellent choice btw.

Go to your local AD (Authorized Rolex Dealer), try the Explorer on & familiarlize yourself with the way the watch looks & feels -- both its operation & its fit & finish. Then go to rolex.com (& any other sites that post pictures of genuine Explorers) & download as many pictures of the watch you can for comparison to the reps. Then, once you know what the gen looks like, begin your search for the best Explorer for YOU.

If you need more info, use the Search feature.

Good luck.

well, I did some search in the forum. Have anybody of you bought a watch from paul (pam111.com)?

I either want to buy a Rolex Explorer 1 (original style) or the "so called perfect" Submariner 16610. What is your experience with paul, what is the qulity of the watches?

Which of these two watches is more like the original one? most important are there better quality watches out there than paul's one?

thx

Paul's as good a place as any to start. Sometimes his service is good, sometimes so-so. But he has always treated me right.

Both watches are fine, the so called perfect sub is the noobmariner with the eta movement. I've owned four of this watch in various versions, so I guess I like it. The older Explorer is good also- probably a watch that is less likely to be questioned- more low key, less known. Other dealers carry the same watches, Josh and Andrew come to mind.

Keep in mind that a rep is always a rep, as they say- it ain't perfect. But if you stick around, you can learn a helluva lot and build and mod some watches that are definitely first rate.