When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

202a Pvd Goodness

exper

Well I thought my PAM collection was done with for a bit and then along came Davidsen with his pre-built PVD's and I knew I needed one in the collection. I ordered a 195 from Davidsen but due to delays and the fact that since ordering it I had really liked the look of the 202's, I asked if he could switch me over to one of his second generation 202A's, with issues that existed with the 1st gen now resolved and including a lovely bead blasted same finish as the case PVD buckle and the black screws. Davidsen kindly obliged and this turned up in the post a few hours ago in only 3 days after being posted from Hong kong.

What can I say ? Extremly well put together and a great PVD finish - pretty much the same as Finepics's one although not having his 28 in front of me at the moment I am just working off memory here ;) There seemed to be what appeared as glue on the crown guard but this wiped off. I also notice that the lume on the hands and the dial is not the same colour.

I have a slight confession to make, I am not feeling the black look on a watch - just a bigger fan of the brushed/polished SS look I guess or maybe my PAM addiction is finally run its course ? :o I guess I'll wear it for a few days and then see.

Now I guess the most part, the photos..

74427-31876.jpg

74427-31877.jpg

74427-31878.jpg

74427-31879.jpg

74427-31880.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
well I have this 202a pvd from davidsen ..almost 2 month...I ordered the 1st batch..but I get the 2nd generation ..even better ..I love it...damnn nicee..

What's the difference between 1st and second gen on these. I am debating between this and the non-base, I really like the seconds @ 9 but want pseudo vintage

Sorry guys and thanks for the comments, did not mean to abandon this thread.

Having had it now for a couple weeks I have to say it has grown quite a bit on me, loads of comments but the single best part was having a manager at the local AD ask to have a look at it then drool over and comment on the "Wow, an A dont have the pleasure of seeing too many of these" and handing it back to me with kid gloves on after wiping it down. I guess that might swung it a bit for me ;)

The main difference is the case, Davidsen says its been re-worked and been given a new better CG / guard. Also blackened screws and a bead blasted buckle as well. Also I believe the older ones didnt have a spacer so the movement used to move in the case (I think, only going by what I read) the price difference was $30 roughly so decided to go for a newer one.

Oh and lastly thats a BOB Vertigo light brown... picture makes it look well worn - I guess time to order a new one as back up :p no work, thats how it comes.. just right. The font on the dial on the gen is a tad bit thicker but the chances of someone spotting that on your wrist are probably about as much as anyone winning the lottery ;)

Edited by exper

The first gen PVD ahve a different crown guard than the second. Even though the 2nd gen CG's are thicker and bigger, the main flaw with them is that the lever does not sit flush with the case when closed. David has made new CG's that deal with this flaw. I will try to show you the diiference in pics since I have the 1st gen 009 and the 2nd gen 195.

As you can see on the 195(2nd gen) the lever is not flush with the case.

86228-29388.jpg

As you can see on the 009(1st gen) the CG lever is much more flush to the case.

86228-29389.jpg

Eddy