When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jacob & Co. Busted For Accepting Drug Money

Anyone see the latest People magazine? Looks like Jacob the Jeweler is in deep trouble. The article said that he knowingly accepting drug money, and laundered said money for some of his products. Looks like even "legitimate" watch makers have trouble with the law. He faces 20 years in prison if convicted. He was released on $100,000 bail.

In my opinion Jacob the jeweler never have that much rep in my mind. I think anyone can make their watch blinged out and sell it to celebrity, but there is not much design of his watches, nor any true watch history for that matter. I can't really say I am surprised, given the social circle that Jacob could hang out with, I think he gets more exposure to trouble than other watchmakers.

Yeah never liked the Jacob line of watches. Especially when I was drooling all over the Tourneau window displays and saw that they were quartz.

What crap. I guess if you are going to sell a watch to a ballerific rapper then you should request they use their American Express Centurion card which is only available to supposedly the filthy rich!

I'm sure he'll beat the case though.

Jon

He probably got caught because he was too open or accommodating in his business practices -- otherwise a lot of luxury car dealers would find themselves in a similar spot.

His new business resolution: Let the dealers' attorneys or business agents do the laundering. They probably get paid a lot more for the potential risks they take.

He probably got caught because he was too open or accommodating in his business practices -- otherwise a lot of luxury car dealers would find themselves in a similar spot.

His new business resolution: Let the dealers' attorneys or business agents do the laundering. They probably get paid a lot more for the potential risks they take.

Any cash purchases over I beleive $12000 have to be reported to the IRS. If they haven't reported that income or can't justify it, then they could get audited by them. Wonder if something like this happened and Jacob wasn't reporting the cash.